75.[Two Broken Halves]

The girl next to Jordan excused herself to the restroom leaving him alone. Jon walked over to him and shook his head. Giving him the 'I told you so' look.

..

Joey looked around all over for her as he felt responsible for her well-being. She needed to be with somebody at the moment. Because what he saw back there was a painful portrayal of her heart falling to the floor and shattering. He saw the way she picked up the pieces and carried them with open wounds.

"Ava" he called out spotting her standing on the sidewalk in front of the house. She was hiding behind a tree, hugging herself to shield away the cold.

"Ava-" Joey repeated.

She slowly turned her head, relief washed over when she realized it was Joey. Her lip began to tremble again as tears trickled down her cheeks again. They ceased to stop. She felt comfortable crying in front of him because she trusted him.

"Joey" she whimpered burying her face into his chest.

" Take me home-" she pleaded.

"Take me home Joey. I can't be here" she added her voice cracking.

"Shhh.. Shhh" he spoke his voice soft. Rubbing her back up and down for comfort.

"I have to tell one of the guys that I'm leaving with you so they won't worry," he told her and she shook her head.

"No don't leave me, what if Jordan comes out?" she asked her eyes glossy.

"He won't. I won't take long. But I'll let you stay in the car if that makes you feel safer" he suggested and she accepted.

Joey walked back into the house, luckily Danny was in the living room choosing a cd to play.

"Yo Danny!" he called out.

Danny's head lifted.

"What's up Joe? Did you find her?"

"Yes, and I'm taking her home" Joey answered.

"Oh okay" Danny said.

"If anybody asks, tell them that she's ok and that she's going home" Joey instructed.

"Okay Joe, drive safe".

When Joey returned to the car he found Ava seated and buckled. She was reclining in the seat. The sound of the car door opening startled her.

"Did I take long?" he asked as he got into the driver's side.

"No, I don't think so" she answered staring blankly outside the window.

"Just drive please" she added as tears began to well in her eyes again.

Joey obliged and quickly pulled out into the street.

"Do you want to go home?" He questioned as he kept his eyes focused on the road.

"No, my mom can't see me like this" she responded while shaking her head.