93. [Mixed champagne and Whiskey♡]

When Jordan was picked up by none other than Victor, he was informed that there was a change of plans. The guys decided to spend as much time with their loved ones as possible leading up to Christmas. Instead, they would travel after the holidays ."Rough night?" Victor asked as Jordan laid his head against the window. "A long night" he responded letting out a defeated sigh. He didn't want to talk about it, he just wanted to leave. If he saw Ava walk past those front doors, he'd stay with her.

Meanwhile, Ava had taken the first taxi back to the office and then drove herself back home. She was exhausted and mentally punished herself for listening to Jordan, yet again. She was angry for wasting her time with him. It was clear as water, that she was taking unnecessary risks. There was really no point in this, besides feeling guilty and ashamed.

Jordan's wife had been calling him nonstop asking about his whereabouts, ever since she found out the rest of the guys were with either loved ones or friends. He decided to assure her that he'd be home before midnight, he just needed to take care of some things. Thankfully, she agreed and let him be. Jordan knew that what he almost did with Ava was wrong, and he did not quite know how to approach the matter. He was planning to make love to a woman who wasn't his wife. The idea of that sounded detrimental.

After a hot shower, Ava sat in her room with a tightening in her chest. Many thoughts clouded her mind and the only thing she longed for was a good rest. Knowing that Jordan was most likely on his way to the airport to take a plane far away from her was almost relieving. She wouldn't have to see him at least for the rest of the month, as Christmas was only a week or less away.

Christmas week

Gracie was planning to come home to spend the holidays with her mother. Ava was stoked to hear this as she missed her daughter so much and needed to connect with her again. Gracie's arrival would bring her back to earth and remind her of why she returned to Boston in the first place. Jordan was just a distraction or so she thought.

A few days later...

"Hi Mom" Gracie greeted as she hauled a small red suitcase behind her. Ava had been waiting for her at the entrance of the main gates. "Hi love" Ava responded as she opened her arms. Gracie didn't hesitate to walk into her mother's embrace and smiled. "I missed you mom" she uttered softly. Ava's grip tightened around her beloved daughter.

"I missed you most honey".

Pulling away, Ava brushed Gracie's soft curly hair and gestured for them to walk back to the car. It was near sundown as they walked down the lonesome sidewalk. Ava felt immense tranquility with Gracie by her side. The past few months have been hell to say the least. "Are you hungry?, want us to get something to eat?" she suggested with a small smile. "Sure, you decided what we eat though" Gracie responded as she returned her attention to her phone. Ava chuckled and agreed. As they approached the curve where a streetlight stood, somebody caught Ava's attention. It was Jordan, his wife, and what looked to be his son walking out of a restaurant. The woman next to him held his hand while the young boy seemed distracted by a small game console. They were walking opposite in her direction. A wave of discomfort washed over Ava as they made brief eye contact. Jordan's warm brown eyes fixated on her amber ones but Ava turned away at an instant. She took but only a small glance in their direction, big mistake. In that moment, Jordan's wife pulled him in for a quick kiss. Her stomach flipped and her heart dropped. Such a simple sight, pained Ava but she refused to accept it.