6.[Cheese and Wood]

In the morning, Ava woke up feeling a bit weird from her dream but shrugged it off. It didn't occur to her that there was only about one week or so left before Thanksgiving. It was going to be quite lonely without her godparents but she knew that there was nothing that she could do about it. Ava threw on a big hoodie, brushed her teeth and washed her face before heading downstairs to see where her mom was. When she got to the dining room, she was surprised to see that nobody was home. Ava furrowed her eyebrows when she saw that there was no car in the driveway and it wasn't like she had a cell phone to call them. They promised her one for her birthday or unless she could buy her own when she got a job. She took a huge sigh, noticing that there was fresh coffee left and poured herself a cup. Placing her hand in her pocket, she felt a small paper. 'What's this?' she thought and then pulled it out. It was almost crumpled, the realization hit her that it was Joey's number. Ava stopped for a moment to think about her next actions. While placing her coffee on the table, she reaching for the house phone which surprisingly was already installed. Tapping her fingers on the wooden counter, she pondered whether she should or not. "Whatever" she mumbled to herself before picking it up, her fingers shakily dialing in the numbers.

Ava placed it over her ear, waiting patiently as it rung. She was nearly about to panic as it continued to ring, making her uneasiness worse until somebody picked up. "Hello?" they answered. She recognized the voice. "Is anybody there?" the voice added. She knew that she was breathing heavily. "ohh uhh is this Joey?" she asked awkwardly, now thinking that she wants to crawl under a rock but also hoping that it's not him. "Yes, who's this?" he answered. "Ava" she blurted out now wanting to just hang up and let it go. "Oh Ava" he recalled and chuckled. "Been waiting for your call, was already planning to search high and low all over Boston for you" he joked and she laughed nervously. "Well I did pinky promise" she recalled softly. " True true, hey listen I'm a little busy right now, call me about 9 tonight okay?" he told her. "Uh okay" she answered awkwardly. "Alright take care and don't make me wait" he joked and chuckled once more. "I won't, okay bye Joey," she said. "Bye bye" he answered and she hung up.

Her heart was thumping really hard which was strange as he was only a stranger, well it's slowly escalating from there. The front door burst open, her eyes shot up and turned to see that it was her mother and Wilbert carrying groceries. "Little help here" Wilbert called out and Ava approached him taking the carton of milk from his hand. "Why'd you guys leave me all alone?" Ava asked as she looked into the bags. "You were dead asleep" her mother said as she took a seat. "I was tired" Ava said and shrugged. "Ava we still have to go to the dealer to get you a car here" Wilbert informed her. "When?" she asked. " Friday or Saturday" he answered. It was only Wednesday. "Speaking of cars, can I borrow yours? I need to go visit one of the colleges, I'm considering applying to" Ava added. "Sure, the keys are right here," he told her. Ava had made sure to go to the DMV to get a new license for Boston a few weeks prior to moving into the house. "Thank you".

It was early, so she figured that she could go in about an hour or so. They had brought home breakfast from a fast food restaurant to which Ava ate, taking her time before heading to her room to prepare her things. She decided to fix herself up a bit to seem presentable. Throwing on a black knitted sweater, dark blue jeans, and black Adidas. Applying hair product to her curls, and a little bit of natural makeup to give her a soft rosy complexion. When she was satisfied with her appearance, she made sure to inform that she was leaving and walked out the front door. Unlocking the door, getting in and pulled out the map to figure out exactly where this university was. Ava was very quick with directions, as she had been taught how to read maps with precise attention. The university was about 30 minutes away, she figured if she got lost, she would ask somebody.