22. [His kiss♡]

First of all, I want to apologize for my lagging. I was feeling a bit under the weather and things at home are just messing with my creativity and willpower to write. But I'm here now and let's get started now. Some big things are coming for Jordan and Ava!

Ava

It was now almost midnight and Ava was still wide awake thanks to the small bit of coffee she had before bed. She had not seen Jordan for a whole day and honestly, she felt like she was missing him terribly. This was all so weird for her to admit as she was never the type of person to need somebody. 'Need?' she thought and shook her head. 'I can't be needing him' she whispered to herself as she bit her lip and looked out her window which portrayed a beautiful dark sky with a crescent-shaped moon. 20 years young, and she felt like her heart could burst inside her chest at the small picture that was painted inside her mind. He was unlike any other guy, she had ever seen. She knew it wasn't the thought of him that fascinated her, it was his entirety. His personality, who he was and who he had left to reveal to her. It scared her beyond belief, these feelings that she didn't know existed, now invade her mind almost every waking hour of the day and now the night.

'Oh my gosh Ava, stop that' she whispered to herself as she closed her eyes. She took a big sigh and fell back on her bed. Her mind still a whirlpool of annoying thoughts that her heart was to blame for. 'I guess I could write them down'. Throwing her legs over the edge of the bed, she reached for the small notebook that she had previously written in. Tapping the pen on the desk, she bounced her leg as she tried to figure out what she wanted to write.

"Jordan, at least on here I don't have to call you 'baby'. "

She chuckled as she finished writing this.

"I'm currently awake, just a little after midnight, thinking so much about everything. Well, it's not like you'll ever read this, I really hope you don't. I thought writing down the stuff that roams in my mind will hopefully tire me out mentally and physically. I still need to call you about the trip too. Ughhhh, I really don't know what to say. I-I miss you? There I said it, well I wrote it down. I Don't UNDERSTAND what MY BRAIN IS DOING, OR MY HEART. WELL, IT'S POUNDING AND PUMPING BLOOD. The point is I can't sleep cause of you, and the stupid idea of drinking coffee before midnight. I...

I hope this isn't what I think it is because I don't know if I could handle it. I'm too young to be thinking like this. I'm too young to be falling like this. And maybe you've, haha what am I thinking, you probably already have dated a lot of girls, who've fallen head over heels for you. And I just can't see it, why me?

After writing this part, she stopped for a moment to take a deep breath because it has been a question that has been swarming around in her head ever since the first time Jordan kissed her.

I can offer you so many things, I don't know if you've had better or the best already. Or if somebody else has their eyes on you. Okay now I'm just rambling, I'm sorry. I'm scared okay? I'm just scared? At first, I was giddy thinking about you and now I'm just scared that you might not-

Ava abruptly closed her book and placed her pen down. Thinking has always been a dangerous passing time for her. It caused her to see everything from many perspectives, some good and some bad. Rubbing her eyes, she decided it was best to just try to fall asleep.

☁︎The next morning☁︎

Ava woke up feeling a bit groggy and numb. She groaned at the sun peeking through her curtains and hoped that a hot morning shower would do the trick. After showering, she threw on a black long sleeve and sweatpants, her hair still trickled with water as she walked into the kitchen. The phone rang as she looked for a mug in the cabinet, without hesitation she answered. "Hello?". Her tone was very dry and harsh, but the moment she heard a soft chuckle from the other end. "Somebody isn't having a good morning I assume". "J-Jordan, hi" was all she said as she was now well aware of her surroundings and cared to put meaning into what she said. "No, it's just... well yeah I'm not having a good morning" she admitted. "Awww, is there anything I can do to make you feel better?" he asked. "I don't know, I just don't know" she spoke but Jordan could sense it in her voice that something was off and not only that but something was bothering her. "Baby are you alright?" he questioned gently. Ava sighed and nodded but then remembered that he can't see that. "Yeah, I am". "You don't sound so sure" he pointed out.

But even Ava wasn't sure what was going on with her. Everything about this morning was just so off for her. "I want to see you" Jordan firmly said. "Huh?" she said as she snapped back into reality. "I want to see you, baby don't think that I don't trust you but I feel like you're not ok right now and as your boyfriend, I want to be there with you". "No Jordan, it's ok you must have-" she tried to politely deny but he interrupted her. " You wanna see me too don't you?". "I do" she admitted. "Pick you up in an hour ok?" he said. "Okay" she said and hung up.

As soon as she hung up the phone, she facepalmed herself. "Ava what happened?" her mother speaking made her jolt as she thought that nobody was home. "Huh oh nothing" Ava answered. " Who were you speaking to ?" Ana asked her gesturing to the phone. "Mom it's nothing okay?" Ava said as she resumed looking for her mug. "Oh that's right" Ava whispered to herself as she walked back out of the kitchen to get ready.

Ava was a nervous wreck, she only hoped that it was her time of the month paying her an early visit. She groaned when she dropped her favorite lip gloss, her notebook falling in the process. "Ava, Jordan is here!" her mother called from downstairs. Without thinking, she stored the book into her bag and applied a quick coat of lipgloss then stuffed it in as well. After all, Jordan was somehow going to end up wearing it himself. One quick glance in the mirror, she shrugged. She had decided on a dark purple long sleeve and high waisted blue jeans along with her Adidas. 'Whatever' she thought as she quickly put on perfume and found her black jacket.

When she walked downstairs, she noticed that Jordan still had not entered the house. "Where is he?" Ava asked. "Oh he's sitting outside, he didn't want to come inside," her mother said. "oh okay" Ava said as she found that a bit weird. "Thank you so much" Jordan spoke. "No problem Jordan" Ana responded and smiled. Ava composed herself before walking out of the front door, closing it behind her, she only hoped that Jordan was not able to read her like a book. She stood there awkwardly as he looked at her, almost as if he was trying to figure her out. "Are you wearing the peach flavored lip gloss?" he asked with a small smirk on her face and she chuckled while slowly nodding. With tenderness and fragility, he reached for her hand and laced their fingers together as he walked them to his car. This time, Jordan was holding her hand very tight, with security and firmness. He waited for her to get into the passenger's side before closing the door and sliding into the driver's side.

Silence filled the car, as Ava had not said one witty remark regarding his small flirting. She hadn't even made a move to kiss him, no matter how much she wanted to. Ava just couldn't find it in herself to do it. She continued to look down as she fiddled with the bracelets, without having the intention to look up. Jordan leaned in, softly pressing his full lips onto her cheek, she smiled and closed her eyes. "You're somethin' special you know that?" he whispered close to her ear sending shivers down her spine. "I am?" she asked without opening her eyes. "mhmm" he said and felt him smile against her cheek.

Ava now craving those lips elsewhere, catching him off guard, she crashes her lips into his. Jordan sighs almost in relief as he cups her face and slightly deepens in the kiss. Ava didn't realize how much she needed this until the familiar butterflies stirred in her stomach. There was not much that she could say, only that the feeling of Jordan's kiss made everything including her thoughts disappear without a trace.

Let's hope I can update one more chapter tonight!