2.[Why Boston?]

"Boston?" Ava repeated as she stared wide-eyed at the two adults. Wilbert nodded. "That's so random, why Boston?" Ava questioned as Wilbert placed the key into the ignition turning on the car. "We'll discuss this at home okay?" her mother told her and she nodded. Ava was very astonished by the suggestion but it didn't mean that she wasn't open to it. The drive back home was quite unbearable because her curiosity was currently eating her alive. Eventually, from thinking too much, she dozed off, her mother sighed in relief when she realized it.

When they got home, Ava was gently shaken awake by her mother. She fluttered her eyes open and rubbed the sleep from them. "C'mon its late, you should go to bed," she said as she held the door open for her daughter. "No, I really would prefer that we discuss this now" Ava spoke firmly as they walked through the front door. "Okay, if that's what you want, please sit down," Wilbert said while gesturing to the couch. He and Ana took the couch in front of Ava as they thought very carefully about how to explain the situation. Wilbert took off his rounded eyeglasses to rub his eyes before putting them back on and speaking. "I got an amazing job offering in Needham my boss' company is expanding great lengths and is offering that I'd take over the one specifically located there" he began and Ava nodded. "This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, that I thought would've never happened, I actually gave up on it ever becoming reality but I guess God heard my prayers". "Honey, this could be very good for all of us, especially you, over there in Boston you'll have your own full sized bedroom, beautiful places to visit, friends and maybe a boyfriend" her mother added earning a chuckle from Ava. "A boyfriend? Seriously mom?" she joked. "Ava, what do you say? I don't want you to think that I'm taking your mom away from you, you're of course going to be coming with us, my sister lives there, she might be able to show you around and everything. If you don't want to move with us, I can call Dan and tell him that the deal is-" Wilbert added but Ava interrupted him. " If I answered yes when exactly would be moving there?". "Late September or early November of this year" he responded. 

Ava turned to her mother who had been watching her with hopeful eyes. "What do you think mom?". " I say it's an amazing opportunity, remember what I've told you, you don't get anywhere without taking any risks". Ava sighed deeply before turning to Wilbert. "Then I guess we're moving to Boston". "Really?" Wilbert asked and Ava nodded. "But I need to fix things with my college classes and ask for transcripts you know?". He nodded and smiled. "You take care of that and we'll take care of the rest, and who knows maybe you will find a handsome fella over there" he joked. Ava groaned and then chuckled. "Just because I'm 20, doesn't mean that I should be in a rush to date, it's not necessary and besides there's nobody that I'm interested in" she spoke. "Of course it's not necessary but you're young, and young love can be beautiful honey" her mom responded. "Alright, I think I'm going to sleep now, I heard everything I needed to hear, goodnight," Ava said as she stood up and waved at them.

Upon entering her room, Ava removed her shoes, searched for her pajamas, slipped into them, went into the bathroom to wash her face and then brush her teeth. Getting under the covers, she sighed deeply and stared the dark ceiling that was littered with glow in the dark stars. "Boston?" she whispered to herself in disbelief. "What would I do there?" she added as she clutched the blanket closer to her chest. Her mind overthinking but eventually, she fell into a deep slumber.

                                                                           ☁︎ The next day☁︎

Ava woke up bright and early, actually very bright an early as it was almost 7 Am when she fluttered her eyes open to the soft sunlight peeking through her baby pink curtains. She lied there for a moment before throwing her legs over the side and heading into the bathroom for a relaxing hot morning shower. After taking a shower, she slipped into comfortable clothing and went into the kitchen to make coffee for everybody. Grabbing the filter and then the small paper bag containing the coffee grounds, she placed 3 or 4 teaspoons before filling up the pitcher and placing it back into the coffeemaker. Her eyes fixated on the lonely street that could only be seen by the small kitchen window in front of the sink. She tried to take in the moment, aware that things were going to change for her and she would have to learn to adjust to a new environment along with new people. Ava always had trouble meeting new people as well as making new friends, she was what you considered introverted. She had a social battery that she kept healthy by spending most of her time alone. She didn't have many friends, as she lost touch with most of them after graduating high school. Her deep thoughts were immediately interrupted by the sound of the coffee maker going off, indicating that the coffee was ready. 

Ava grabbed her favorite bright orange mug from the cabinet and poured the fresh coffee into it as well as added her desired quantity of sugar. Stirring slowly, she sat down at the small kitchen table and picking up the newspaper from the day before. The picture of the 5 guys immediately drew her attention, she looked at them and slightly smiled. She then decided to read some comics to entertain herself and jolted when there was a sound of the front door opening. In walked, Wilbert with a box of donuts. "Oh you're already awake?" he said as he closed the door behind him. "Yeah, I woke up before my alarm" she admitted as she tapped on the side of the mug with her fingers. "Oh, umm I asked for your favorite donuts," he said as he placed the box down in front of her. "Thank you" she answered and smiled as she opened the box to reach for the chocolate covered one. "I'm going to take a shower, you're gonna be alright?" he asked as he placed his keys on the hook. "Yeah, umm if mom asks, tell her that I'm going to be at school later to talk to the counselor" she spoke and he nodded.

Ava remained in the kitchen, enjoying her coffee and her donut as she pondered what's to come later on. At around, 8 pm she decided to turn on the tv to see if there was anything fun to watch. Apparently, they were showing reruns of 'Wake up with The New Kids'. She recognized them from the newspaper, but they looked a bit younger. She sang along to the music being played and laughed at the giddy curly-haired boy with a red-orange blazer. It was only playing for 10 minutes before she realized, that the counselors close early today. Turning off the tv, she placed her empty mug in the sink before rushing to her room to change quickly into something presentable before leaving a quick note explaining her absence just in case and heading out the door.

The drive to her college was no more than 25 minutes to half an hour. She didn't need to make an appointment as there was really nobody here at such an early time. A middle-aged woman with blond hair called her into the office. Ava took the seat in front of her. "What brings you here today miss ?" the woman asked as she fixed her glasses. "I umm need to discuss transcripts as I'm going to move out of the state" Ava began. "Move? Where if I may ask?" the woman responded. "Boston Massachusetts" Ava answered. "Ohh lovely, and when do you plan moving there?" the woman asked as she pulled out a couple of forms. "By November, how will this all work, I want to continue my education there and I need to have my credits from here" Ava answered. "Well we can have them mailed to you in one month or if it takes any longer, we'll mail them to you over there" the woman answered. "Really? I would prefer if you mailed them before I left" Ava said politely. "We'll do everything we can, now please fill out these forms to start preparing for your dismissal from this college," the woman said as she handed Ava a clipboard with a large paper packet. 

'Here goes nothing' Ava thought as she began to fill them out.

                   Yay! Ava will soon be in Boston. Which new kid do you think she will meet first?♥︎