99. ['314'♡]

This one is LONGGGGGGGG. My apologies lol.

He stops all movements to pull away and look down at her. Ava had fear and confusion washed over her face. "I'm sorry, so sorry" he muttered as he carefully got up. She leaned on her elbows and took a few deep breaths. " Are you ok?" He asked as he looked for his shirt and put it on then handed her, her sweater. Ava nodded in silence. "I'm sorry, I guess the wine must've loosened me up too much, I shouldn't have kissed you like that" she responded feeling a bit ashamed of herself. "Don't apologize, it was fine" Leo reassured.

To Jordan's luck, he didn't have to act tonight. For Jon had called to inform him that his youngest son wanted to be picked up because he was homesick. Jordan didn't hesitate to be on his way and took off. His wife chose to stay home and instead, sleep. "Did you miss home bud?" he asked the small boy that was currently rubbing his eyes. He nodded slowly and yawned. They just got home and were walking down hallway towards his room."Okay, let's get you to bed" Jordan says softly as he opens the bedroom door. He helps him pick out a pair of warm pajamas and sends him to brush his teeth as well as wash his face. As soon as he returns, he notices his father sitting at the edge of his bed. "Can you sleep with me tonight daddy?" he says as he walks over to Jordan and hugs him. Jordan softens with his little one's embrace and gently picks him up to place him on the bed. "I promise I'll be right back, I just have to change and then I'll join ya" he reassures and presses a kiss on his forehead.

"Thank you for understanding" Ava said as Leo handed her a small blanket since she was shivering. "No worries Ava". She let out a small yawn while covering her mouth. "I just placed myself in a situation that I was not ready for, I didn't mean to-" she babbled but was immediately shushed by a soft kiss pressed to her forehead. It was a platonic kiss, nothing more or less. "You can take the guest room if that makes you feel most comfortable and I can drop you off in the morning" he suggested and then took the empty wine glasses back to the kitchen. Ava watched as he disappeared into the next room and let out a breath that she didn't know she was holding in. A weird bubbling in her stomach indicated that he had stirred something inside of her.

'No way, there's just no way that I could like him like that'.

They said their goodnights and Ava locked herself in the guest bedroom located at the end of the hall opposite from the master bedroom. She thought of calling a taxi and leaving a note, because it didn't feel right to stay. Ava hated the late hours of the night, Jordan was often one of the many things that she thought about. It caused physical pain to her heart. Nothing about the situation seemed to have a rational solution. She had to forget Jordan and that was that. What they had was over and he had a wife, Leo on the other hand, did not.

She reckoned to be happy on her own. But kissing Leo and not feeling guilty about it, felt so liberating. No hearts would be broken if they resumed what she had paused.

'Maybe it was time to love again'

She wondered.

The following week, the two had met up for coffee almost every morning to discuss their next project which involved a huge trip. "Is it really necessary to fly that far to address this?" Ava questioned as she sipped on her hot chocolate. "Yes, but it's only for the weekend or a week" he confirmed and shrugged. "And none of the other executives want to go with you?" she queried while cocking an eyebrow. "Absolutely not, nobody can stand me" he joked with a small chuckle. Ava playfully rolled her eyes. "What makes you think that I can stand you?" she challenged and smirked. "Oh I know" he flirts and grins. His green eyes sparkled as he endearingly looked at her.