65.[Secretly but sincerely mine ♡]

School was practically out for the summer, but work became full time. Ava figured since she had a lot of time on her hands, she could dedicate it to making money. The new kids were currently on a small break, hoping to get some rest and clear mental space for a new album in the near future. Jordan would go out during her shifts, to pass the time. He tried his best not to be too clingy or needy knowing that Marie had piled up more than a week's worth of work on her. It was nice to see him without any filters, he was rather reserved sometimes, keeping to himself while he played with his keyboard or practiced his singing outside. She loved how despite the break, he still had made time to practice his music. She let him do his own thing, even if they shared the same roof and he was very appreciative of that.

It was a cold morning, and Jordan had woken up early to practice his singing. He was listening to music on his walkman, drowning out the world entirely. Ava was currently getting ready for a long day at work and decided to bring him something to start off the day. The song he was listening to, ended just as she approached him from behind."You sound great handsome" she spoke sweetly as he blushed while she quickly kissed his cheek and placed a small mug filled with coffee in his hands. It warmed them up almost immediately, he looked up and smiled at her. "How long have you been standing there?" he questioned. "Not much, I just walked out and admired you for a moment before giving you this" she answered gesturing to the mug. She gently moved the small piece of hair strand stuck to his forehead as she finished speaking. "How's the practice coming along?". "Good, I think I'm getting better at holding high notes" he answered proudly. "That's good oh my gosh, I would love to go to one of your guys' concerts soon" she gushed with an eager smile. "For sure, after we write this new album, you're going to attend one of them " he assured, pulling her into him. "I know it's not much, but I'm really proud of you for sticking with this" she admitted, her voice muffled by his chest. "You're crazy if you think that's not much, it's exactly what I ask of you " he responded, one arm tightly holding her and the other held his coffee.

"So what are you doing today?" she asked while putting on her jacket to leave. "I might see Jon, I haven't seen him a while" he answered, changing the channel again since he was lounging around on the couch. "Oh that's nice, tell me I said hi" she responded, grabbing her bag and walking over to kiss him goodbye. "I love you," he said after pulling away. Her heart leaped out of her chest, watching his hopeful eyes begging for a response.

" I love you too"

"Hey girl" Tayler called out as she walked into the store. Ava was sitting at the front desk, working on some paperwork Marie left her. "Hi" she answered briefly and then getting back to her work. "Slow day huh?" Tayler commented. "Umm we haven't opened yet " Ava pointed out and chuckled. "Oh.. right" Tayler responded feeling a bit embarrassed. "Yeah sorry, I'm just trying to get all this paperwork done, and I thought it would be cool if we kept the shop closed to tidy up in here" Ava explained. "Oh that sounds good, so where do we start?"Tayler agreed.

"Umm, I was thinking of taking a few of the records off the shelves and dusting them off". Ava began. "And can you receive the stock, since you know exactly when it arrives and I don't want to mess it up". "Yeah, of course, I got that" Tayler assured her. "Thank you, and if we finish early, we might be able to open but it'd be too late so I'm not sure". "We'll just see what we do for now" Tayler suggested and Ava agreed.