98. [Forget About You]

Ava perceived Jordan's fixated eyes on her. She was afraid to turn around and face him. For her eyes were the window to her soul, she could not lie with words because her eyes always said it all. Jordan was dying to kiss her, just knowing this made her lips tremble and her knees weak. It was obvious that there was a lot to be said but where would they even start?

She shivered but not from the cold, her nerves were kicking in. Ava took a deep breath and counted silently in her head. This was something she had picked up from dealing with years worth of stress. Jordan assumed she was cold and gently pulled her in for another hug. Ava didn't even resist or try to shove him away. She sunk into his warm embrace and sighed. His arms felt like home. Her home.

"You know, I wouldn't mind holding you like this for the rest of the night" he whispered closely. In response, she nuzzled her head closer into his chest, breathing him in. She wanted to let her emotions flow, even if it was only for one night. Holding it in was pointless and having him here only heightened her longing for him. Ava bit back the tears that were threatening to spill from her eyes. Meanwhile, Jordan combed his fingers through her hair and held on tighter to her waist as he rested his head on hers.

'God, I still love you' she thought to herself as she held onto him.

'I shouldn't be here'

'Get away from him'

'He's married and that's not ever going to change'

'Get the fuck away from him Ava!"

She pulled away roughly, leaving him dumbfounded.

"Are you ok?" he asked as he rushed to her side and tried to comfort her.

Jordan swore she felt secure in his arms. He could feel her surrendering to his affection and company. He wondered what brought her back to earth. Ava had always been an overthinker. Questioning anything and everything, especially his love for her. Ava found things too good to be true and tortured her self by giving away what could be or could've been.

"Don't think too much" he pleaded as he watched her lip quiver. Ava shook her head and let out a loud sob.

Ava closed her eyes, trying to drown him out. A loud clap of thunder echoed from above them and then droplets of water fell from the horizon. "Oh shit" Jordan said as he pulled his black hoodie over his head. "Let's get out of here, we're gonna get soaking wet" he suggested. But Ava stood frozen as if she was afraid to move. Her mind, a storm of thoughts and doubts. Jordan wanted to take her somewhere safe and dry but she wouldn't budge. "Ava, we gotta go, this rain is coming down real strong" he insisted while trying to tug on her arm. A bolt of lightning soared across the sky and this time, Ava did react. She followed behind Jordan as he held her hand and guided her under the roof of an old newspaper stand.

"J!" shouted a masculine voice from a distance. Within seconds, Jordan's bodyguard appeared wearing a black windbreaker. "What's up Vic?" Jordan responded as he looked at him. "Mrs. Knight is looking for you" Victor answered and gave him an alarming look. "My mother?" Jordan asked but Victor shook his head. Ava kept a distance from Jordan as if she was going to leave but he got a hold of her hand. "Your missus" he clarified and this time, Ava ripped away from him. Her heart dropped at the sound of that. "She's here?" Jordan questioned his eyes widened as Victor nodded in response. Ava was already long gone by the time he reacted. Jordan asked Victor to keep an eye on her and make sure she made it back safely to her car before walking back to the venue.