13. [So, it's a ____? ♡]

" Ava, we're sorry that we didn't tell you anything before but we discussed it and realized that you deserve to know" Jordan spoke while the rest of the guys nodded their heads agreeing with him. Ava remained silent for a moment before beginning to speak. "I'm glad and grateful that you guys trusted me enough to tell me" she admitted earning heartfelt smiles from all of them. "I want you guys all to know that this isn't going to change anything, I'm not the type to use you guys for-' she began to ramble and Joey cut her off.  "Save it, Ava, we know you're not going to do anything to hurt us or exploit us, you seem like a great and smart girl. I knew it the moment we met. Besides, we all found it surprising that you had no idea who we were, we were sure that you must've recognized us and you just didn't say anything". Ava looked down and somewhat felt flustered. "That's because I haven't caught up with the media or anything, I've been too focused on school and work" she admitted. "You go to school?" Danny asked. "College, I'm actually waiting for acceptances here in Boston" she said and Danny high fived her. A huge grin appeared on Jordan's face as the thought of Ava living here in Boston so close to him made his heart burst with joy. "College huh? that's so cool" Joey said and she smiled. " Well it's a path I have to take since I can sing or dance or act you know" she joked and they all chuckled. "College is just as cool Ava" Jonathan added. "Thank you Jon" she responded and smiled.

"Well c'mon guys, the campfire has been going for god knows how long," Donnie said as he gestured over to the small fire burning from the group a distance away from them. They all walked over and took a seat on the blankets that Joey and Ava had set up earlier. Joey and Danny sat on one, Jon and Donnie sat on the other and lastly, Jordan and Ava shared the remaining one. The air was windy and quite chilly, as it was almost 10 pm now! But Ava felt as ease with these 5 guys who made her feel at home. She was thankful to have met Joey even though she almost had a heart attack from nearly losing that paper.

The guys all had slight smirks on their faces, like middle school boys watching their friend with his crush, it was adorable. "Time to roast marshmallows" Joey interrupted as a bag of long bamboo sticks were passed around and a bag of big fluffy marshmallows. Once everybody got that, a big full sized bar of chocolate and Graham crackers were passed around. It was so nice to roast marshmallows at night in front of a raging campfire as if they were all adolescents. Once Ava knew her marshmallow was roasted to perfection, she quickly placed it on the honey flavored cracker and then placed a small piece of chocolate. Meanwhile, Joey and Jordan were struggling as they kept getting too distracted by their surroundings that they have burnt almost 2 marshmallows each. "You guys need help?" Ava asked with an amused expression on her face. "I mean if it's not too much to ask," Joey said trying to sound casual and she chuckled. She gestured for Joey to come over to where she and Jordan were sitting, and pulled out 2 fresh marshmallows from the bag. Ava sat in between the two guys instructing them. "Rotate it is slowly and don't put it too close to the fire". Jordan almost nearly burned another one due to being distracted by her sweet voice and amber eyes that seemed to burn only brighter with the raging campfire in front of them. "Jordan don't you get distracted or you're gonna burn it again" Joey teased obviously noticing his friend's fondness of Ava and Jordan only shot him a death glare making Joey chuckle.

After roasting marshmallows and talking for a bit everybody decided to pack up early so that they can just jump into the car and leave in an hour later or so. "Do you want to take a walk along the shore?" Jordan asked Ava, his Bostonian accent made it hard for her to decline. She smiled and agreed. Meanwhile, the rest of the guys remained around the fire and talked amongst themselves.

"So how do you feel?" Jordan questioned as they slowly walked side by side, the sound of the waves crashing making it that much more relaxing for the both of them. "What do you mean?" Ava responded. "Finding out that we're you know, New kids?" he clarified. "Oh, nothing nothing, I'm very fine with it, but I care more about who you guys are as individuals, I don't think that money or a platform define who you truly are if that's what you wanted to hear" she spoke. "You really think that?" he said with a small smile. "Of course I do, I mean yeah I was surprised when you guys revealed yourselves to me but I'm always gonna see you all as Joey, Donnie, Danny Jon, and Jordan". He grinned and looked at her adoringly, Ava was pulling at his heartstrings and she had no clue.