60. The nakedness, she wears♡

June 1992

A week left until the wedding...

"Okay, so roses or sunflowers?" Raven asked Ava as they were currently visiting a floral shop to make arrangements for the wedding. "Roses seem a bit too original don't you think?" Ava said as she looked around at the beautiful bouquets displayed around the front desk. "Actually wait, red roses are one of my mom's favorite flowers, maybe it could be in her bridal bouquet ". she suggested. "Good idea" Raven agreed. After a small conversation about possible combinations, they were approached by a young woman who was in charge of the shop. 

"Okay, so we have narrowed it down to 5 table arrangements decor, 3 bridesmaids bouquet, 3 groomsmen corsages, 1 bridal bouquet and everything else in specific is written down here" claimed the florist as she continued to scribble down things on her giant notepad. "Yes" Raven confirmed and smiled. "Great, let me just go get your payment receipt and I'll be right back," said the lady before getting out of her chair and walked away.

"I can't believe there's only about a week left before the wedding" Ava said and let out a small gasp.

"I know dear, your mom is going to make a beautiful bride".

 ♡

" I believe we have to go pick up the dresses tomorrow," Raven said as she currently pulled up into the driveway. "Aren't you going to stay a little for coffee or something?" Ava asked as she unbuckles her seatbelt. "No dear, I have to go take care of last minute things for the wedding and don't worry about the dresses, I'll pick them up tomorrow"  Raven responded, trying to sound as reassuring as possible. "Are you sure?" Ava questioned and Raven nodded. "Okay, I'll tell my mom you said hi and call the house if you need help with anything"

"No worries Ava, I've got this all under control but I will keep that in mind".

Ava finally agreed and waved her goodbye before walking into the house.

Her mother was in the living room, watching one of her favorite soap operas on the tv. Ava smiled when she noticed the small bouquet of roses sitting on the coffee table along with a box of donuts with a pink envelope on top. Wilbert was being quite affectionate even as the wedding neared. he's been working nonstop ever since they moved to Boston but never forgot about being thoughtful. "Excited for the wedding mom?" Ava spoke as she gently took a seat next to her. " A little nervous but it's whatever" her mom answered and shrugged. In response, Ava's eyebrows furrowed and demanded her mother's attention. "It's normal to be nervous, it's gonna be your wedding, ever since dad made it a bad first experience, which I don't even count as a wedding but I know this one will bring you the happiness you've always deserved. Ana's eyes formed tears but smiled at her daughter's words. " Thank you so much for thinking about me Ava, I hope one day you find a man who's going to love and cherish you the way you deserve. You're not like any other girl, you're gonna make a wonderful wife to a man one day". "Thanks, mom but no more being nervous ok? Besides, aren't you looking forward to your honeymoon?" Ava said and chuckled at her mother's death glare. "Where are you guys going?" Ava added. "I don't know some fancy hotel maybe an hour away or so, I haven't thought about that, Wilbert is in charge, of that" her mother said as she raised the volume on the tv. "Mom, no.. you deserve an amazing couple of weeks next to your future husband-". "But honey I don't want you to be alone-". "No mom, it's ok. I'm never home anyway, I'm always working or going to school. I just got done with finals so I'm gonna be working full time until the next semester starts.". "I guess you're right" Ana agreed while nodding.