5.[Only a dream]

"That's a really nice name" he complimented as he stuffed his hand back into his pocket. "Thank you, you have really pretty eyes" she said and he smiled. "Thanks, I've been told" he responded and she could feel her cheeks reddening with embarrassment. "So this is your first day in Boston" he recalled and she nodded. "Congrats then you have just made your first Bostonian friend," he said as he pulled out a small notebook from his pocket and scribbled down his number. "What's this?" she asked as she received it. "My number, just in case you want to explore, I'll be glad to show you around" he answered genuinely. "Really?" she asked as she looked down at it. "Yes, I mean it. You seem like a dope person to hang out with" he says and grins. "Uhh okay thank you" she said shyly and smiled while getting lost in his baby blue eyes. "Call soon, you know and I can introduce you to my best friends if you're up for that" he spoke again. "Okay, I'm not making any promises though" she answered honestly and he furrowed his eyebrows. "No now you have to pinky swear" he said while holding out his pinky. She looked at him questionably and he nodded his head as if showing that he wasn't joking. Ava hesitated for a moment before joining her pinky with his. "Alright, now that's a pinky swear, you can't break that okay?" he said and she nodded finding this whole encounter amusing. "Well, I gotta get going, it was really nice to meet you Ava, hope I can see you soon," he said and smiled. "It was nice meeting you too Joey" she responded. She waved at him as he walked away until he got into a car parked along the street and drove away. Within just a few moments later, she heard her name being called from where she was sitting.

The drive back to Raven's was about one hour long but Ava didn't mind as she enjoyed long car rides. She loved to look out the window and gaze at the sky, it made her feel grounded in a way. Her encounter with Joey was still fresh in her mind, all the way back. She was a bit nervous about letting him down but Ava knew that she had to make friends sooner or later and Joey just so happened to give her a headstart. Ava sipped on her hot chocolate as they stood in traffic, but once finishing it, she took a nap.

When they finally got back to Raven's house, Ava was very exhausted and decided to take another nap, not before she had something to eat of course. She knew that there was a lot to be done but for now, all she wanted to do was to escape reality through dreams.

⭐︎ A week later⭐︎

The time to move into the house was very near, as Ava would finally be able to see her room in a couple of hours. Wilbert had promised to pick her up after he finished a few things, and she would no longer have to feel bad for spending too much time in the guest room. Ava was excited to see the house, her new room and whatever surprises that may come her way. Her luggage was always kept tidy, and she did a bit of laundry in between the week that they have stayed here, therefore packing wasn't that much work. 

☺︎ A few hours later☺︎

Ava was finally informed that Wilbert and her mother have arrived to pick her up. She thanked Raven for everything and even gave her a hug. Finally relieved that she can organize her room and sleep for a couple of days since she was still a bit jetlagged from the change of timezone and all. 

The drive to their new house was roughly 40 minutes away, she still was unsure of the exact location but right now she was too excited to ask. Her eyes widened at the size, it wasn't a mansion but it was bigger than their old place in LA. It was a beautiful 2 story forest green house, with 2 big windows in the front and enough front yard space for a garden. The driveway seemed as if it could hold 4 or more cars. It was quite isolated but not isolated enough to where you'd have to drive more than an hour to find your neighbor. "Do you like it Ava?" Wilbert asked as he pulled the keys from the ignition. "It's really nice" Ava gushed as she took off her seat belt. "Wait until you see your room" her mother chimed and this caused Ava to practically jump out of the car.