41.[In the blink of an eye]

"Hey!" Jordan called out. Watching the sweet girl he loved, make a frantic exit with a purpose to avoid him, made Jordan's heart sink. He immediately knew that something was wrong. He turned to Fredrick, like a child begging for help and then felt his blood boil when he recognized a familiar blonde head. Jordan planned to storm over to confront her, as he noticed a malicious smile plastered on her face. The group of girls surrounding her were snickering and looking his way. "J" Fredrick said interrupting Jordan's thoughts. Without a word, he turned on his heel and opened the door. He could tell that it was merely about a few minutes since she walked out this same door since her familiar vanilla scented aroma lingered in the air. "Where is she? did you see what happened? did somebody hurt her? answer me!" Jordan spoke frantically as he looked all around him to see if Ava was anywhere to be seen. "She didn't say anything to me, she just told me that she had to leave" Fredrick explained feeling blameworthy for allowing her to leave under those conditions. "Damn it Fredrick!, it's too dangerous for here to be out here, anything could happen to her, she has never done that to me" Jordan exclaimed. "Calm down J, we'll find her, she can't just wander around by herself all night, she seems like a smart girl". "She is a smart girl, but that bitch must've told her something that could've caused Ava to flee like this". Knowing Heidi, Jordan had no doubt in his mind that Heidi told Ava everything she had told him or worse. This bitch told him that she would stop at nothing to ruin his future romances if he did not decide to get back with her and he was fearing the worst, getting her way. 

Everything seemed to spin for Ava, as she hurried to find a hiding spot. She could not bring herself to see anybody, especially Jordan. The disgusting words that Heidi spat on her like venom, clung onto her mind. All she wanted was to get home but she realized that she could not get home in this state, for her mother would sense her uneasiness. She currently hid behind a small dark alley beside the parlor, there were only a few cars parked alongside the road. "Ava" a familiar voice called out. "Baby, let's talk please". "I won't make you explain anything, just show yourself so I know that you're ok". "I'll take you home right now if that's what you want".

Ava was hearing everything, but could only shake her head as she felt tears threatening to spill from her eyes. She was scared to say something that she'd regret. Ava didn't think that Heidi was right in any way but she was afraid of the consequences that she was threatened to face if she stayed with Jordan. 'It was all too good to be true' Ava thought to herself. She noticed Jordan being approached by a group of young women, one of them being the snake herself, Heidi. 

"Hey, handsome". Jordan's body stiffened as his blood boiled all over, recognizing that vile voice. "Miss, this is not a good time, please leave," Fredrick told her as he stood between her and Jordan. "Relax, I and J go way back". "You heard him, go away" Jordan hissed. "That's kinda rude don't you think?" one of her friends rudely remarked. "I didn't ask for your opinion" Jordan answered. "Did I do something to you?" Heidi taunted. "That's it, move it along, c'mon let's move it along," Fredrick said as he gestured for them to continue walking. Suddenly, another group of girls approached Jordan, they were indeed, blockheads. "Jordan, oh my gosh hi" a girl about 17 years old greeted as he tried to be polite. Jordan, being the humble, wholehearted human, agreed to give out autographs and even take a few pictures. Heidi and her friends decided to blend in with these girls and pretended to be fans themselves. Heidi had the audacity to ask for a kiss on the cheek in front of the blockheads and Jordan hesitantly obliged since he didn't want to appear rude. As he was about to lean in, his eyes acquainted with the person who had a long set of curls, revealing herself. Her amber eyes filled with sadness, almost lifeless as she tried to force herself to smile. She shook her head in disbelief and began to walk away. Jordan never felt so empty and lost. He wanted nothing more than to run after her but his fans came first, she always understood that she even encouraged that. But right now, things seemed to be spiraling out of control for Jordan, for now, Ava could be thinking the worst of him. In the blink of an eye, what they have nourished with overflowing love went from pure to hanging on by a thread.

Ava had been walking for almost 10 minutes now,  tears just kept streaming down her face. There were some passing bystanders who gave her pitiful looks as she could only force a small smile. 'I knew I couldn't do this' she thought to herself. 'I should've listened to myself'. 'Jordan is better off without me, I can't ruin him'. These thoughts clawed at her mind, not allowing her any bit of peace whatsoever. 

She continued to walk with her head down as the tears poured nonstop. There was no use in wiping them away anymore, she was upset and didn't care if people knew. She was human and was allowed to feel pain, guilt or whatever the hell she was feeling at the moment. Ava was not paying attention where she was walking as her steps were put to a halt when she crashed into a hard yet warm surface. "Woah, hey watch where-" a familiar voice spoke and then paused for a moment. "Ava?". Ava slowly raised her head and was welcomed by a pair of sky blue eyes enveloping her in warmth. "Hey hey what happened?" Joey asked softly as he placed a gentle hand, cupping the side of her face. Ava couldn't talk, her bottom lip quivered and tears had stained her cheeks. "C'mere," he said as he pulled her in for a hug. Ava immediately wrapped her arms around Joey as she nuzzled her face into his chest, while he ran a comforting hand over her hair. "There, there just let it out" he whispered. Ava's chest felt tight, her eyeballs were now hurting and her jaw was in excruciating pain. 

"Ava, what on earth are you doing here all on your own, in the dark?" Joey questioned her as he continued to brush his hand over her curls. Ava shrugged, "I needed to be alone". "Alone? you can't be alone, something could happen to you, did you get here by foot, did somebody hurt you, why were you crying?" he continued, concern was laced in his tone of voice. This was the last thing she wanted, to worry somebody, especially Joey who was one of Jordan's best friends. "I'm fine Joey, well now I am" she answered as she sniffled. "But where did you come from Ava?" he asked her softly, trying not to scare her away. "Long story Joey" she responded and shook her head. "Good thing, I was here" he murmured. Ava softly nodded in agreement. She was oblivious to her surroundings this whole that she didn't even want to imagine what would've happened if she crashed into somebody else and not Joey. "It hurts Joey" she spoke as tears were beginning to form in her eyes again.  It pained Joey to see Ava like this, not because he had any romantic intentions for her but because she was a very sweet girl and he was the first to befriend her. The light in her eyes was fogged, it seemed like she was battling something inside of her. "I know I know". But Joey didn't know exactly was she was feeling, only that she was no doubt, feeling something, Ava was vulnerable right now and needed shelter or comfort of some sort. 

When she calmed down, Joey led them to his car which was thankfully just a few blocks away. Joey waited patiently for her to get in before closing the door behind her. "Are you going to tell me what's going on? or do you want me to drive you home?". "I don't want to go home right now, please can we go somewhere" Ava pleaded weakly and Joey agreed.

Joey had no idea what was going on but one thing for sure that he did know, was that this was about Jordan.

Feedback is greatly appreciated my dears