63.[Knighty knight ♡]

Ava was just about to throw away her plate when the newlyweds approached her. "There you are" Ana said as she smiled at her daughter. "What happened are you guys leaving already?" Ava questioned, observing the glow in their eyes. "Yeah, we just wanted to let you know, and want you to be careful. if anything, I've instructed Leo or one of my other workers to check up on you" Wilbert interrupted in response, Ava cocked one of her eyebrows. "Don't forget Raven is here as well but she's working most days" Ana added. "No, I don't think that would be necessary" Ava stated firmly but politely. "Why not? , you're gonna be home alone for a few weeks" Ana added while staring wide-eyed. "Mom, I'm gonna stay with Jordan, he offered to take care of me while you guys are away" Ava explained. At this moment, Jordan slowly approached the conversation and stood next to her. Wilbert gave Jordan a few firm glances until his wife spoke again.

"Okay, Jordan please make sure you take good care of her".

"No funny business" Wilbert added but was nudged by his wife. "Ava is a smart girl, I raised her. She knows what she's doing" she defended proudly. "I promise she'll be alright" Jordan assured politely and gently pulled Ava to his side. "Okay, call us if anything, I left the phone number of the hotel hanging on the fridge" Ana informed. She pulled her daughter into a tight hug, kissed her cheek, whilst Wilbert shook Jordan's hand. "Bye guys" Ava said and smiled as she watched them walk away.

After they left, the young couple remained standing and were about to go sit back down but were Ava's godparents caught up to them. "Ava, sorry to interrupt you guys but we have to go," her godmother said as she pulled her in for a hug. "Go where?" she questioned as she was released. "Back home, we have to work" her godfather answered and shrugged. "Really? but aren't you guys gonna be tired? It's a long flight" Ava asked, her eyes glossy and somewhat red from being tired. In all honesty, she didn't want to see them go so quick, she barely spoke with them for less than an hour, which was obviously not enough for the time span that she had left California. It pained her to see them leave, she missed them so dearly. "We don't have another choice sweetheart, and we have to wake up early" her godmother explained gently. "Oh okay," Ava said indicating that she understood. "We'll miss you so much, but come by this Thanksgiving or Christmas if you can, so we can spend time together" she suggested trying to sound convincing. "I'll try" Ava responded and forced a smile. "And Jordan-" her godmother said as she directed all her attention to him. "Yeah?" he asked and gulped. " Take care of our princess, we only want to see her happy and you seem to be doing a great job at keeping that smile on her face". Ava tried to hide her blush as her godfather briefly hugged her. "That won't be a problem, it's my only intention, to make her happy" Jordan assured.

"Okay good, now we really gotta go now, we have to go pack, goodbye Ava and it was so nice to meet you Jordan"

As soon as they were gone, she let out a small sigh with a hint of disappointment. Ava always had some kind of support system within a couple miles radius from her and now that both her sets of support were gone, she almost felt vulnerable. It felt weird but she knew that she had Jordan, who had proven to her that he'd never do anything to hurt her. "Baby?" he gently spoke, noticing her change of behavior from the gloomy look on her face. "Huh?" she asked, all while looking at the small burning flame in front of her. "Are you ok?" he questioned, tilting his head to the side like a puppy. "Yeah, I'm just a little tired that's all" she responded with a small shrug. "You want to go home, I'll take you so you can go get what you need" he offered sweetly and she nodded.

They said bye to the remaining guests and also Raven, who quickly introduced herself to Jordan. They had a brief but nice conversation and went on their way. It was well close to midnight, the sky was littered with many gray clouds and it had grown cold as the hours passed. Ava was shivering, thus Jordan took off his blazer and placed it around her shoulders as they walked back to the car. He noticed that she walked with fragility, almost as if there was glass beneath her like she was not sure where she was going. By nature, Jordan wrapped his arm around her, offering comfort, his scent took over the air around her and suddenly she felt secure. It scared her how protected she felt when he was with her. Jordan had this  undeniable effect on her, hence sensing her discomfort and offering just the right ounce of comfort.

The drive back to her house, was rather short since there were not many cars out and about. The streets were lonely, except for 3 or less vehicles. Ava had fallen asleep, shortly after putting on her seat belt. Jordan had been holding her hand the entire time, except for those few seconds when he had to change gear. Her skin was soft yet cold from being out all night. She slept soundly, as much as Jordan hated waking her up, she needed to pack her things so that they can go back to his place.
He turned off the ignition, unbuckled his seat belt and leaned in closely to her."Baby we're here, you have to wake up" he whispered gently. Her eyes fluttered open, a small groan of frustration escaped her mouth. "C'mon let's go get your stuff" he added and she swore she could melt at the sound of his Boston accent.

"Okay"

Pulling her keys from her bag, she unlocked the front door and waited for him to enter before closing the door and locking it right away. The house was dead silent, except for their soft breathing. "Let's go to my room, or you can stay here if you want" she spoke as she began to make her way upstairs. Of course, he went with the first one.

Her room was tidy, except for the few pieces of clothing scattered on the bed. "I'm gonna go remove this makeup, I'm sure I look like a raccoon right now' she joked and he chuckled. "Okay, take your time, I'll be here" he answered and sat down on the bed. She proceeded to take off her makeup in the bathroom, as well as washed her face , brushed her teeth and moisturize to finish off. After that, she tried to unzip her dress but failed after many attempts. Walking back into the bedroom she slowly walked over to him and turned around. Jordan's eyebrows raised as he looked at her questionably. "Can you unzip my dress please" she said in a soft voice which  stirred something inside him. "Yeah" he answered and instructed her to to stand between his legs, since he was tall enough to reach the zipper from where he sat. With nimble fingers, he pulled the zipper down, exposing her neck. He bit his lip upon the sight of her bare skin and let out a small breath of relief when he was done. "There, if I unzip anymore your dress will fall off" he pointed out and she let out a small giggle. "That'll be all thanks " she answered while holding onto the piece of fabric. " Umm actually can you look in that drawer and get me a pair of sweatpants & a long sleeved shirt doesn't matter what color" she said and he agreed. She stood there awkwardly while holding the dress to herself as he rummaged for the suggested items.

"Found these" he said tossing her a baby pink pair of sweatpants. "And this" he added and tossed her a gray long sleeved shirt. "Thanks" she responded as she gave him a sign to turn around. He waited patiently, until she finally notified that she was done. "Okay now, you can either take a nap while I fix my clothes or help me so we can get this done fast". "Actually" she added before pausing. "I have a better idea". "What is it?" He asked. "Let's pack, and after that we'll go to sleep, in the morning we'll go to your place, plus it's too late already and being out too late, makes me uneasy" she explained and he agreed.

"Alright I'm good with that".

After about 1 hour of packing, Ava managed to organize a whole wardrobe for at least a week or two. "Woah, I'm tired" he said in between a yawn. "Go brush your teeth, I'll finish the rest" she suggested and smiled. "Okay, uhh by the way, what am I going to wear to sleep?" he wondered. Ava took a moment to think and realized that she couldn't find a solution. "Umm, well it can't be too comfortable sleeping in a suit" she pinpointed and he nodded. "Just sleep in your undergarments, after all we'd be under the covers" she suggested shyly and he was almost taken by surprise. "O-okay" he said as he walked to the bathroom.

Ava was just about finished with everything and had pulled back the duvet to get ready to get into bed. As usual, she made sure the doors and windows were secured before making her way back upstairs. She stopped dead in her tracks at the sight of Jordan's back facing her. He was unbuttoning them quickly, before shrugging off the fabric and gently placing it on the chair beside him. He then proceeded to undo his jeans and pulled them down, since he was barefoot now.

Pretending she didn't see him, Ava got into the bed and tried to make herself comfortable. Jordan swiftly turned around and smiled, at the realization that she was already trying to sleep. "Come get in, it's too cold" she encouraged while patting the side next to her. She didn't have to tell him twice. Within a few moments, he plopped himself on the bed and slipped under the blankets with her.

As soon as he got comfortable, she scooted backwards and pressed herself against him. Feeling his warmth, lulled her into a deep sleep.

Thank you for reading!
Means a lot !!!