39. [Employed]

Apologies for the lack of updates. Stuff happened at home which put me in a bad mood and when I'm in a bad mood, I have no motivation to write. :((

☁︎A week later☁︎

Ava had started to get the hang of things, school has been somewhat stressful but managed to push through it. She had not seen Jordan since the last time they hung out but assignments and errands have been keeping her busy enough to not be bothered by it. 

After getting out of school, she planned to take her filled out application to the record store. Ava nearly fell asleep as the professor explained the next midterm that would take place in a couple weeks or so. She lacked some sleep from trying to finish the previous assignments. Class, thankfully passed by before she knew it and she made her way out the door. The campus was not as packed as she expected it to be as the trip to her car took no longer than 3 minutes. 

♡♡♡

Upon arriving at the record store, Ava noticed that the place was not as busy as the first time she went with the guys. Swiftly getting out of the car and locking it behind her, Ava made her way towards the front door while holding the piece of paper that would hopefully guarantee her employment. The same older woman whom she met before approached her. "Oh great you're back" she greeted with a smile. "Yeah, I'm here to drop off my application" Ava informed as she handed it to her. The woman took her paper and then told her to wait there while she reviewed it. Ava agreed and walked about the store, looking through the vinyls and compact cd's. A particular artsy cover with 5 familiar faces caught her eye. She smiled recognizing her beau's face and then jolted when a voice interrupted her thoughts. "New kids on the block huh?". This caused Ava to immediately place back the cd in its rightful place before looking up to see who was speaking to her. It was the same young woman, she recalled as Tayler. "Uhh yeah" was all Ava could say. "Step by Step, is a great album, do you listen to them?" she proceeded and Ava figured she needed to think quick. " My friend does, she's a fan". "You mean a blockhead" Tayler corrected. Ava nodded and smiled. Tayler took a few steps closer and then leaned over to pull out the same cd that Ava had stored away just a few moments ago. "Then why were you looking at it?" she urged. Ava found this a bit uncomfortable but what she said next, raised red flags. "Jordan is my favorite". Ava could only nod and smile. " Who's yours?".

Before Ava could say anything, the older woman approached the two. "Oh good, I'm glad you guys are getting along". Ava gave her curious look as she waited for her to proceed. "Congratulations Ava, you got the job, would you be able to start as soon as possible?". Ava grinned and thanked her. "I can start anytime, except I would have to discuss scheduling because I do attend school". "Do you by any chance have a copy of your schedule ?" the older woman. "I do actually, I just have to go to my car to get it" Ava responded. "Okay, that would be great". When Ava made her way to her car, she felt eyes piercing through her back but thought nothing of it. "Here you go" Ava said as she handed the older woman the paper. "Fantastic Ava thank you, and you can refer to me as Marie". "Okay Marie" Ava responded. "I'll give you a call tomorrow and explain your first day". "Alright, that sounds great". When everything was settled, Ava thanked Marie as Tayler was nowhere to be found during that whole time but Ava had to leave.

♡ ♡ ♡

Once Ava got home, she got into the shower and then slipped into comfortable clothing before beginning to plan out her next assignment. As she opened up her book bag, the phone rang and she groaned as she was already so stressed out about the outcome of this paper that she needed to write. "Hello?" she answered almost a bit irritated. "Oh, I'm sorry is this a bad time?" said a familiar soft voice making her insides melt. "No sorry, I'm just stressed out, over school and stuff how about you?". "Aww baby, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bother you" Jordan said. "No, it's ok, I also missed your voice" she admitted which she could picture a small smirk plastered on his face as she told him this. "Reaaaaally?" he responded drawing out the first part of the word. "Yes, now moving on, what have you been up to handsome?" she said while softly biting her bottom lip. "Not much, just working on the next album" he answered. "Oh cool" she responded. "I haven't seen you in forever" he whined making Ava chuckle while shaking her head. "Jordan, it's been a week". "A week too long" he murmured. "You'll live" Ava joked. "You'll live too?" he asked almost appalled by her casualty. "Of course I will, don't you like having your own space" she asked politely. "Yeah, but I need my daily doses of kisses". "I can make sure Joey can take care of that for me" she joked making him laugh. "Gee thanks" he responds. "Don't you need your daily dose of kisses?" he asks and Ava shakes her head while smiling. "I would like them but my lips are kinda healing from our previous makeout sessions". "I can't help it, I'm a sucker for your kisses" he answered in a playful tone. "Likewise Jordan likewise" she agreed as she brushed her index finger over her bottom lip. "Can I see you tomorrow after class?" he questioned her. "Erhmm, I don't have class tomorrow" she recalled. "Perfect, then we can-" he began but she cut him off. "I have an important call to attend to tomorrow". "Oh, how important is it?" Jordan asked. "It's for work, my new job". "Job? where?". "At the record shop remember?". "Oh, congrats baby" he said. "Thanks " she answered.

 The sound of Ava's stomach growling filled the room to which was loud enough that Jordan overheard. "What was that?" he asked as he chuckled. "The monster in my stomach, I haven't eaten since the morning" she admitted. Ava heard a short gasp from the other end. "I'll take that as a sign, get yourself ready we're gonna go get pizza" he responded. "Okay fine, but after an hour or so, please take me home" she agreed and he chuckled. "Okay okay, can't wait to see you". 

♡ ♡ ♡

Jordan arrived within 30 minutes or so. He practically jumped out of the driver's seat when he noticed his sweetheart walking out the front door. Ava felt the familiar feeling of her heart pounding at the sight of this beautiful human. "Missed you" Jordan murmured in her ear as he pulled her in for a quick embrace. "Missed you too" she said as she leaned in to kiss his cheek. He walked her to the passenger's side and waited for her to get in for him to close the door. Ava smiled as Jordan got into the driver's seat. Ava knew about the cupcake phase and often wondered when or if they would ever move past it. Things between her and Jordan have been going too well. In the back of her mind, she felt a bad premonition trying to make it's way to the surface.

*Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn*