The Only Ones Around (Michelangelo)

Start from the beginning

"Can we go to bed?" he asks. He sounds like a child, but he wasn't expecting to hear you laugh at him. He looks up at you.

"It's 9pm, and the famous MC Mikey wants to sleep?" You put your hand to his forehead. "No fever. . ."

Mikey chuckles in response and grabs your hand quickly to kiss the back of it, and then your palm.  It was relieving to see him this loose after how he's been all week. 

Huffing you run a hand along his cheek, and Mikey leans into your touch.

"Alright," you say, "let's go."

Mikey takes his time getting up, pulling you behind him by your hand and dragging you off towards your room. Mikey quite literally falls onto your bed face first and curls his arms under his pillow, taking a deep breath and letting it drag out. He looks your way when he hears the closet being opened.

"Be right back."

Mikey watches as you disappear into the bathroom, not long after hearing the water run and the sound of you brushing your teeth. You then come back into the room five minutes after and he immediately beckons you to come over. A chuckle escapes your lips as you sit on the bed and plug your phone in; it's not long before you feel a large hand sneak it's way around your waist. 

Mikey pulls you back into him and you fall into the bed beside him, his arms holding you tightly as you squirm to adjust yourself against his chest.  His breathing is soft and he has a smile on his face, warm and at peace.  Pieces of himself were coming together again, knowing he didn't have to deal with his family for tonight. 

He leans in to kiss you as his hands roam up and down your waist and hip, and even then he would press more kisses to your face after every one; your nose, your chin, your jaw, your cheek, your forehead.  Nothing sexual, just comforting and happy feelings tonight. God knows he needed it the most. 

"Mikey," you say softly. He opens his eyes. "I love you babe but. . . you know you can't stay here every night."

He sighs heavily, nodding his head. "I know."

"You need to talk to them. Families fight but then they talk it out. Or at least try to."

"I know."  Closing his eyes Mikey breaths in sharply, pulling you a little closer. "I love 'em but. . . that last fight was. . . rough.  Lotta things were said that weren't meant to, and it got to my head."

Your hands traces the scales on the edge of his shell, and relishes the feeling of your fingertips on him.

"Thank you for letting me stay," he whispers, kissing you afterwards, "really.  It's helped me have enough time to think about what I need to say when I get home."

Not to mention give his head a break from all the stress and anxiety that the fight caused him.   Mikey would have his moments like this sometimes, but usually he would hide himself away in his room and come out later that evening to everything being back to the way it was, and he was his happy ole self. Not this time. Over the time staying here, bits of him started coming back, and it was thanks to you.  

Smiling warmly, you bury your head into the crook of his neck and Mikey's hand lays at your waist.  Sleep has made it's course to your body.

"Get some sleep," you mumble.  You can hear him chuckle, half dazed from the sudden tiredness.  Mikey smiles in return and shortly closes his eyes.

~~~~~~

You were surprised when you opened your eyes the next morning, because you were all alone on the bed. You knew it wasn't like this last night.