The Only Ones Around (Donatello)

The dim static of the TV filled the background noise, along with the ticking of the clock on the wall.  Snacks and wrappers littered the couch and coffee table, along with open and empty containers of the takeout food the two of you had eaten only a couple of hours ago.   With Vern gone for the weekend, it was a perfect time for the two of you to be alone.  Just the two of you, and shit ton of junk food. 

You sit in between Donnie's legs, his arms wrapped around your middle as he nuzzles into the back of your hair, pressing light kisses along your shoulders and neck every so often.  At some bits he was more interested in giving you affection rather than the movies that went on; not that you were complaining.  You would feel him press his face into your hair, sighing happily as you lean back into him.  

"Are you back there tryna eat my hair?" you jokingly ask, feeling Donnie once again nuzzle into the back of your head, "cause that's what it feels like you've been doing this whole time."

Without a beat he replies, "Well you are my favorite snack."

You bellow out in laughter as Donnie giggles to himself, realizing how corny his joke was. You gently pat his arm as it pulls you closer to him and you feel another kiss on your neck.

This had been the third night in a row that Donnie had fled to your home to spend time with you, and to get away from the noise back home. Recent projects had left him flustered and irritated; not even his caffeine and energy drinks could get him through them.  Too much pressure, not enough. . . you.  Not to mention the crowding and irritation of his brothers in the background. He loved them but sometimes isolation was required for Don's brain to work.

Everything about you seemed to melt his problems and awful moods away. 

Ding.

It was Don's phone. While you pay attention to the TV, Donnie checks the message that was sent to him.  It was Mikey.

Pops wants you home, it simply says. Donnie's eyes narrow in confusion, and his fingers begin tapping away.

I've only been here two hours?

A few seconds pass, and another ding. 

Bro, it's 1am.

Donnie almost chokes as he looks at the clock in the corner of his phone screen. Sure enough, his little brother was right. 

You almost fall out of his lap when he suddenly sits at the edge of the couch, yelping as you try to hold onto him. Eventually you gain footing and set your feet on the carpet, looking at him confusingly. 

"What?" you say. 

"I am SO passed curfew," he says, voice cracking. You peek up at the clock on the wall and your eyes widen too. You knew how stingy Splinter was with the boys' curfews.

And yet, Splinter knew who his son was with, where he was.  Perhaps he could come to an agreement?

Donnie was in the middle of sending another text when you once again sit in his lap, and his attention goes to you.  His arms instinctively wrap around you to hold you in place on his knees as you too wrap yours around the back of his neck.

"Donnie, it's one in the morning," you coo, kissing him quickly, "why don't you just stay over?"

His brown eyes look down at you with surprise; this was the first time he's heard you ask that, and wonders why haven't you asked sooner.  You both knew he could get home safely this early in the morning, but what was the point of leaving? He would only get distracted and start up on another project, or stay up all night texting you anyways.  Sleep was hardly ever in his schedule. Maybe staying the night with you he would actually get some hours in.