New Hair Color (Michelangelo)

Unedited.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was so hard to try to keep your excitement in.  You giggled and kept on giggling as you rode your skateboard down the cement walkways of New York, getting more and more excited as you came closer to the lair.  You couldn't wait to show Mikey your new look; you dyed your hair the night before, using a mixture of orange and red dye, it really made you stand out, in a good way.  Today you pulled it in a low bun to hide it from Mikey, and once you got to him you were going to surprise him.

Strolling through the entrance of the lair, you skid to a halt on your board and leaned it up against a cement wall.  As soon as you rounded the corner to the living room, you were greeted by Splinter, he had a cup of tea in his hands.

"Good evening (y/n)," he said as he smiled at you, "you seem to be in a good mood."

"That obvious huh?"  You say as you chuckle softly.

"Your smile seems especially brighter today.  Mikey is in the dojo if you wish to see him."

Giving him a kind 'thank you', you made your way to the dojo to see Mikey practicing with his nunchucks.  the dummy he was hitting sure was taking a beating, you could see the stuffing and dust flying from the fabric.  Thank God for no allergies.  (sorry if you do.  Plz don't hit me)

"Hey Mikey!"  You say happily as you jog up to him.  He stopped his training and turned quickly to you with a big smile on his face once he heard your voice.  Mikey then dropped his weapons and ran over to you and scooped you up in his arms, swinging you around in place and planting a quick but sweet kiss on your lips.

"(Y/n)!"  He said cheerfully.  Mikey set you down and kiss you on your cheek this time, his arms still wrapped around you.  He then pulled you in for one of his warm hugs.

"Thank God you made it here!  Gives me an excuse to stop training for the day."

Then Mikey noticed you still had your helmet on, which you never wore when you were zooming through the sewer tunnels to get here.

"Afraid the ceilings gonna fall on you?"  Mikey asked as he eyed your helmet.  You grinned and bit your lip, excited to show him your new hair color.  You backed away a few steps so Mikey could see your new look clearly.

"I have something to show you," you say, "but you need to close your eyes."

"You're not gonna jump me or anything are you?"

"No.  Just close your eyes!"

Doing as he was told, Mikey closed his eyes and waited for your 'surprise'.  He wanted to peek but the last time you told him to not look at something and did, you hit him and you hit hard.  He could hear you taking off your helmet and messing with your hair as it scuffed off your jacket.  Mikey was getting ancy, he could never stay still.

"Can I look now?"  Mikey asked.  You chuckled and bit your lip again, excited for when he opens his eyes to see you.  Hopefully he would like it.

"Ok," you say, seeing him smile, "you can look now."

Quickly opening his eyes, all Mikey saw was a layer of red and orange in front of him and a very happy smile.  Once you saw Mikey's expression you couldn't help but laugh, he looked so starry eyed.  He came over to you and reached to touch the ends of your hair as they draped over your shoulder.  His smile grew bigger with every second.

"This. . . is . . . AWESOME!"

"You like it?"  You ask as Mikey began to run his hands over your soft hair, he could smell the shampoo.

"Like it?"  He began, "I love it!  If I ever had hair I'd dye it this color!"

Laughing, you wrapped your arms around him, thankful he approved of your new look, of course he would with something like this.  You could feel his fingers playing with the tips.

After a moment of hugging, you pulled away to look up at him with your hands in his now.

"Now that I've shown you my hair," you start, "let's go shoot some hoops.  I've been dying to play a game."