Heartbeat (Michelangelo)

Unedited.  Mistakes may vary o.o

Late because I haven't been feeling well. T_T

~~~~~~~~

You could remember that night on the dock when Mikey shielded you from the cold winds.  He made sure your cuts were properly treated and bandage one he brought you to the lair after what happened with the Foot.  He also brought you to you home that night as you hung tightly onto him, Mikey's arms were wrapped securely around you as he jumped from roof to roof.  It was nice of him to check up on you everyday and you enjoyed his company when he came.

And today, you were missing him.

Mikey was off with his brothers today, it was part of their training for the week.  Although you knew he had to go, and that meant less time with you, you wanted him to be here with you.

You stood behind the large sliding door looking out at New York City's winter landscape.  Snow had finally hit the ground a few days ago and for you that meant staying inside and watching Netflix.  Of course it was no fun doing it alone, so you spent the majority of the time wondering about Mikey and how your day would be more fun with him here.  Your canine companion was your only company for those days you had been home alone; ever since the incident with the Foot Clan you hadn't gone out much.  Your parents were never home so you basically lived alone, you even payed for some of the bills and you were the one to buy groceries and such.  Video games and Netflix were your only source of entertainment.

Sighing, you returned to the couch and sunk into the cushions and covered your legs with your blanket, then un-pausing your T.V. show.  (Dog name) came over to you and sat there in front of the couch with those big eyes staring at you.  It was obvious your dog wanted something.

(He/she) then laied (his/her) head on your lap.

"What?" you ask as you smile, you couldn't resist that cute face.  The dog's tail then began to swish back and forth.

"I don't understand what you want from me."

(Dog name) was still looking up at you, and then you began naming off things (he/she) could possibly want from you.

"Do you need to go out?"

No.

"Are you hungry?"

Nope.

"Thirsty?"

Na-uh.

"Cuddles?"

Nope, nope, nope.

You sighed heavily as you patted your dog's head and massaged (his/her) ears gently.  (Dog name) wanted something but you just didn't know what.

Then you began to think; (dog name) hadn't been (himself/herself) for those past couple of days.  Mikey would visit you almost every other day, and once he got to the apartment (dog name) would greet him instantly before he ever even got to you first.  Your dog was so happy whenever Mikey came over, and now that he hadn't been there for a couple of days your canine hadn't been acting the same.

"You miss Mikey don't you?"

That's when your dog's ears perked up as (he/she) lifted (his/her) head.  (Dog name) missed Mikey being here as much as you did.

"I know buddy," you say as you smile, "I wish he was here too."

Your canine then climbed up onto the couch with you and laid there in your lap, (his/her) paws stretched out over your legs.  You grinned to yourself at the thoughts you were having.  Your face burned and you had this warm feeling in the pit of your stomach; this was actually happening to you.

You hoped to tell Mikey soon, and that you would have the courage to do so.