12. Meeting the Family (Michelangelo)

We know Mikey has a drum set, so that made it canon you guys are drummers. Ba dum tss.

~~~~~~

Mikey had you close to him when he toured you around everywhere in his home, pointing to this and that, telling you about how he got one thing and how this thing would work. It would have been tiring for other people, but being in a place this unique and having all of these objects that you wouldn't see on the street you were interested in seeing every inch of it.  The sewer part was nothing to you. He showed you his Xbox and what games he had; how they came to get one was beyond you.  They even had a damn basketball hoop in here.

Mikey had eventually introduced you to his brothers and Splinter, whom all seemed kind to you save for Raphael.  He was intimidating, but it was fair as to why he would be; a newcomer in his home who he had never met before.  His green eyes however popped behind that red mask.

Leo was very kind to you, but you could tell his guard was up as well. He smiled kindly and shook your hand as he greeted you, welcoming you into their home.

Donnie, to you, felt was a bit shy and awkward but in a comforting way. He seemed to be the brains of this little group. 

Splinter was the wisest of them all, beyond kind and very soft spoken as he talked with you. The two of you sat across from each other on a couple of floor mats, eventually accompanied by Mikey who had given you a can of Orange Crush while he sat beside you.

"April comes down here daily," Splinter would say, "mostly after her shift."

Mikey chimes in now.

"Maybe you'll recognize her! She works at the news station."

The lightbulb in your head went off at the name; you had only ever watched the news maybe once a week, so her name was still new to you by some amount.

With a sharp breath, you lower the can of soda down to your lap. 

"This is all still so crazy," you say, a smile tugging at your lips. "I'm glad you all made it. And this place you've built? I'm speechless."

Splinter chuckles softly.

"Consider our doors open to you now," he says, taking a sip of his tea, "I'm sure a new friend around here would lift my sons' spirits."

"Got that right," Mikey coos. You look over to him to see him smiling at you, and you yourself can't help but laugh along with him.

Time goes as you spend some more time with Mikey, sitting with him on his 'pizza box' couch and played video games. Eventually his brothers joined to get to know you more, asking questions about your personal life and such. It seemed they looked forward to your next visit.

With it now being late in the evening, you announce your departure. However on your way out, your eyes catch a glimpse of something in the corner there nearby. When you turn to look and see what it is, your lips curled into an excited smile and your body jittered from excitement. You quickly turned to Mikey.

"You never told me you had a drum set!" You say as you jog over to the instrument. Mikey follows close behind you.

"You play the drums?" he asks.

"Hell yeah! Started when I was ten!"

You walked around the drum set and examined it, and they seemed to be in good shape considering. The boys hadn't played it much it seemed, maybe except for Mikey. He observed at how excited you were, so he turned to walk over to Donnie's desk to pull something out of a drawer. You watched as he came over to you while holding a pair of drumsticks in his hand. You became more excited the closer he came.

"Show me how good you are then," he said with a grin on his face. You giggled with delight and snatched them from him, then you sat down on the small leather seat behind the drums.

"Do you guys have a way to play music? I need to at least have something to go with the beat."

"I have internet connection," Mikey says. Walking over to a nearby desk, one that had a computer, he sits down and looks up to you.

"What song?"

Immediately one came to your mind. 

"Van Halen, Hot for Teacher."

Mikey turned back to the computer and started typing in your request. He blasted up the speakers just low enough so everyone could hear your drumming. Your smile grew even bigger when you saw Mikey give you the que that the song had started, and after your hands began tapping away at a couple of drums.

Mikey watches you in awe as the song continues, and eventually the others had stopped by to watch you in the same amazement. Michelangelo however, never took his eyes off you as you played; your smile and the sparkle in your eyes as you played had him somewhat in a trance.  You were having the time of your life down here, and that's all he wanted at that moment, and more to come. 

Seems you've got a fan.