Home Cooked Meals (Donatello)

Long time no read eh?

Unedited

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Donnie almost drooled the moment he stepped foot into your apartment; the smell of cinnamon and spices filled his nose, making him smile in delight as he rounded the corner to your small kitchen.  You were over by the counter cutting up something, wearing your little apron around the front of your body, hair tied up in a messy bun and shuffling your feet to the music coming from your iPod.  It made him smile to see you a giddy and bubbly, you looked so cute when you prancing around there; it was best if he didn't try to startle you, so he lightly knocked on the wooden wall.

"(Y/n)," he said softly.  You turn to see Donnie standing over by the corner leading to your bedroom, a smile on his face as he came towards you. You began to smile as well.

"Hey!"  You say happily, ignoring that fact that you had a knife in your hand.  Donnie quickly got you back on track by pointing at the weapon, making you blush from the embarrassment.

"Don't want you getting hurt," he said as he smiled down at you.  "What are you making?"

"Apple pie.  Vern was bugging me to make one."

Donnie eyed the cinnamon covered apples in the bowl next to you as he leaned over your shoulder, they looked mighty good right then.  He quickly nabbed one from the bowl and popped it into his mouth, then getting swatted playfully at by you; his mouth watered as he ate the fruit. 

"Hey, I need those." you say.  "You can have some once this is done."

Donnie then set his bo staff up against the wall and out of the way, then he came back over to you and tossed an arm across your shoulder as he watched you cut up more apples.  He had never had any of your cooking before.

"How long will it take?  I just wanna eat the whole bowl."  He says as he chuckles softly, then bending down to plant a kiss on your head.

You then set the knife in the sink beside you and mixed the apples with the cinnamon.  The crest was already made and left in the pie bowl, ready to be filled and cooked.  You began to put the sliced apples into the crust.

"About an hour."  You say, then putting the bowl into the oven.  You straightened your back and wiped your hands together, then turning to Donnie and looking up at him.  He smiled and pulled you in for a hug, you felt his big arms wrap securely around you as Don leaned down once again to plant a big kiss on your head.  It had been a while since he had came to visit, training had gotten in the way of your time together, and it was well needed.

The two of you retreated to the living room to watch whatever you could find interesting on the t.v., but the two of you couldn't really focus on the screen, instead you just cuddled up with each other and talked over everything you could think of; movies, food, hobbies, dislikes, books, anything just to catch up on the missed time of being in each other's company.  It was like this the entire time as you waited for the pie to get done; laughs and giggles, smiles and playful gestures and constant teasing. 

But the bonding was cut short once you heard the stove ding.  You excitedly got up and rushed to the kitchen and was followed by Donnie who was very eager to try your dessert.

"Smells good."  Don said.

With your oven mitts on, you carefully pulled the pie out from the stove and set it onto the counter, taking in the cinnamon and apple aroma that now loomed in your kitchen.  Your mouth watered at the sight of it.  You grabbed two plates from the cabinets and set them near the dish, then cutting you and Donnie a piece and placing them into each bowl.

"One last touch," you say, then pointing to the fridge.  "I've got some whip cream in there.  Can you get it for me?"

Doing as he was told, Donnie got the cream and placed it on the sideboard, watching as you dabbed a spoonful into each dish, making his mouth water even more.

And finally it was time for him to try his first dish that was made scratch from you.

And it tasted wonderful.

"Wow," he said with a mouthful of apple pie and making you chuckle, "this is amazing!"

You laughed even more now, watching as he scarfed down his second bowl. 

"I knew you'd like it."

It wasn't long before the big clock on the wall chimed, signaling it was late and ruining your evening with your turtle boyfriend.  Sadly, he had to return home.

Standing, Donnie lifted you off your seat to pull you into a hug, feeling your arms wrap around him, fingertips at the edge of his shell.  He then bent down to give you a kiss before he left.

"I promise I'll come back soon.  I've been neglecting you, more than I shouldn't be doing."

"Hey," you start, "you've got a city to protect.  It's ok."

Smiling down at you, although you could see the sadness in his eyes, Donnie kissed you one last time before heading towards the balcony, leaving you alone at least until Vern returned home.  Don turned to you before leaving and waved.

"Be careful Donnie."