17. Unexpected Visit (Leonardo)

There you were once again leaning over the silver sink washing dishes.  You were home alone today while April was out filming today's daily news.  You had soft music playing in the background from you stereo so you at least felt like someone was there with you, that you wouldn't go insane from the silence.

It was a nice night for some sweatpants and a baggy shirt.

Suddenly the large window beside you began to rattle.  You nearly dropped the plate you were holding as you turned to look and see what caused the noise. 

Midnight blue irises can be seen from outside the window along with his hulking frame. Not to mention the blue of his bandana sticking out like a sore thumb. You exhaled sharply as your anxiety began to flow out with every breath.

Your legs carry you over to the window to let him in.

"You could have just texted me instead of making me piss myself,"  you scolded him as you slapped his arm with your dishtowel. He laughed and followed you as you returned to the sink full of dishes. Out the corner of your eye, you can see him lean against the counter just beside you. Your eyes returned to your dishwashing despite the lingering feeling of another set of eyes on you.

"I was passing by on patrol," he says sweetly, beginning to help you dry the dishes that you wash. "Figured I'd stop in."

You return your own smile. It was nice to have company such as him. April was of course a wonderful flat mate, but this change was rather welcoming and appreciative. You were beginning to realize how much you loved it when Leo visited.

"How sweet of you," you chuckle softly. "You sure you're not here to take our snacks? Like you boys normally do?"

The blue leader scoffs playfully and feigns offense.

"Am not. How dare you."

The two of you share a fit of giggles and laughter as the dishes continue to be cleaned and dried.

Both of you talked for a couple of minutes, sharing what you did over the past week and what Leo performed for training. He would go on to tell about how Mikey got himself in trouble and caused it, and of course you would laugh. They may have looked different from the world but they acted like anyone else; one big, happy, dysfunctional family.

 You loved listening to him talk.  Leo was actually pretty funny despite how serious he seems most of the time. He had so many walls up when you two first met but it was obvious some of them were breaking down.  Both of you laughed more than you conversed.

Then you noticed his eyes peek at the sink full of water.

"Need help?"  he asked.

"No, it's ok.  I'm almost done anyways."

But he still persisted and you eventually gave in.  You washed the dishes as he dried them, then you'd tell him where to put them all.  Eventually you and Leo got so into the cleaning thing he began to help you clean the rest of your apartment; sweeping floors, laundry and re organizing.  You told him you would finish it yourself and that he didn't have to do anything, but you were happy Leo was here to spend time with you.

After the two of you had finished, you slumped into the couch.  Leo's blue eyes watched you as you stretched your limbs and rub your face. He had to admire how organized you were compared to his brothers and that you actually enjoyed the cleaning part. There was always this certain satisfaction once his personal space was cleaned. Well mannered, polite, beautiful and smart. You took care of yourself and he was appreciative of that.

And the fact that his family accepted you as a part of their family meant so much to the terrapin. His brothers, and even Splinter, enjoyed your company as much as he did.  His admiration for you grew with each passing day.

"Although you didn't have to help," you start as you smile at him, "thank you.  We finished sooner than I expected."

"What are you gonna do now?"  Leo rubbed the back of his neck.  You weren't expecting him to drop by and help you today and you hadn't exactly planned to fill the rest of your evening with any other kind of work. And now that that was done you still had plenty of daylight left.

Then you began to think.  After all the help Leonardo gave you the only thing you gave him was a simple thank you. . . that wasn't good enough.

"How about a movie?"  You ask him.  Leo looked down at you to meet your eyes.

"What movie?"

"You can decide."

"Really?"

"Yep.  Do you have time?"

"I do."

"Well alright then. . ."

You jumped off the couch and walked over to the t.v. and began to dig through drawers that were full of movies and video games. You pulled out many cases and cd's out of the wooden cabinet and piled them onto each other as you try to find a decent movie to watch with your friend.  You weren't having much luck sadly.

"Leo, you can choose. I've seen all of these and I don't know what you like."

He laughed and made his way over to you, following your command. He sits just beside you on the floor. 

You continued to pillage through your movies as Leo joined in the search. After ten minutes of choosing, the both of you decided on (favorite action movie).  You put it in the disc tray and both of you returned to the comfiness of the couch beside each other.

It was about halfway through the movie when Leo noticed you hadn't moved or talked in a while. He peers over at you to see your eyes had closed at some point. 

You had fallen asleep next to him, almost on his arm. He smiles tenderly when he saw how peaceful you looked there on the couch. It seemed all of that cleaning tired you out pretty good.

His hand reaches over to push loose strands of hair out of your face and behind your ear before proceeding to throw the throw blanket on the back of the couch over you. Leo then continues to watch the movie. 

"Sweet dreams, (y/n)."