New Hair Color (Donatello)

Unedited.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Vern, look at my hair!"

"I know, I'm sorry!"

"Sorry doesn't cut it!  I can't believe you mixed up the boxes!"

You stood in front of the bathroom mirror, your face white and hands running through your new, and not planned, colored hair, shocked and raging at your Uncle the whole while.  How he mixed up the hair dye you didn't know, but you really wanted to strangle him.

Your hair was now a dark shade of purple, bits of it shined under the light making it look like it had different shades in it.  Inside you admitted it did look neat, but that still didn't excuse Vern for screwing up the dye.

"Maybe we can buy another box?"  Your uncle suggested as you headed to the living room. 

"That dye alone was thirty bucks, I'm not buying another one."

Sighing heavily, you accepted the fact that your hair was going to look like this for a while, might as well get used to it and not hide it.

You had promised Donnie to help him today with the Shell Razer, apparently some of the technology he installed was acting up and he needed another person to help him.  You quickly made your way to the lair, hoping Don and his brothers approved of your new look. 

Once you made it to the lair you went to Donnie's lab, but on your way you ran into Leo who was clearly surprised once he saw you.  His eyes went for your head, most likely your hair.  You nervously waited for him to say something.

"That's new," he said as he flashed you a smile, "when did you dye it?"

"This morning, but Vern mixed up the wrong dye."

Leo began to pass you, but before he moved on he flashed you a smile.

"It turned out rather well, to be honest.  You should keep it that way."

Feeling your cheeks burn a little, you continued on your search for Donnie, eventually finding him digging through tools by the Shell Razer.  He hadn't heard you yet. 

"Donnie?" you call, but his rummaging made him deaf.  You walked up behind him and tapped his arm.  He jumped slightly at your sudden touch, but relaxed when he saw it was only you.

"Hey, you."  You say, smiling nervously as Don then eyed your hair.  He stood up and got closer to you, his hands running through your hair as you stood still.  You were hoping he was smiling since you couldn't look up at him because he was playing with your hair, so you waited for him to stop.

"Wow."  You hear him say, then watching as Donnie looked down at you.

"I look weird don't I?"  You say shyly.  That's when he smiled sweetly at you, and making you blush. 

"You look amazing."

Your face burned even more now, but you felt like melting once Donnie planted a sweet kiss on your forehead.

"Why would you look weird with sick hair like that?"

You gave out a sigh of relief, glad that Donnie liked your new look, you could relax now.  You giggle as you lean in for a hug, and felt his arms wrap around your tightly.

"To be honest," you start, "it was a mistake.  My Uncle mixed up the dyes."

"Well you definitely wear it well (y/n).  It came out beautifully, don't worry about it."

Smiling at Donnie's comforting words, you pulled away and watched as he leaned down to kiss you sweetly.  Soon the two of you were working on the Shell Razer, and every once in a while you would feel Donnie's fingers play with the tips of your hair.

This new look didn't seem so bad to you anymore.