9. Meeting the Family (Leonardo)

You agreed to go with Leo to see his family and have everything explained to you, but in order for that to happen you had to make a promise to Leo. Like his entire existence and his family, the location of his home must be kept a secret from others. You agreed and promised whole heartedly. 

You had expected an abandoned building, maybe on the outskirts of the city - not the sewers.  The smell was horrid when you first went down into the tunnels, but after a few moments of walking it became unnoticeable to you.  Leo was right beside you the entire way, chatting away about your day and if you had eaten anything; if not, he promised to make you something at home.  He'd even pick you up to lift you and go down places that required you to climb.  Truth be told you were excited to see him family, following him through every nook and cranny.  You practiced in your head what you were going to say, how you were going to introduce yourself. Nerves began to tingle in your body as you got closer, and your speed faltered.

Leo seemed to notice your lack of speed, and he stops completely just before his front door. With his body now facing you, your eyes look up to see him with his head tilted.

"Are you alright?" he asks softly. Honestly, he was worried. Had you changed your mind?

With a sharp exhale, you nod your head slowly.

"Nervous is all," you reply.  To try and break the invisible wall of doubt, Leo gives a breathily chuckle and nods in the direction you two were previously headed.

"I know," he begins, walking with you, "but I think you'll change your mind once you see everything."

With that said, you now believed he was telling the truth.

It was like an entire city was built in these tunnels; televisions, lights, a whole kitchen and living area, a couch, chairs, cabinets, shelves, beds - there was a whole mansion down here. Is that a drum set in the corner?

You stare in awe at whatever catches your eye, unable to notice Leo who is staring happily down at you. You don't even hear him laugh under his breath when he walks past you. 

You snap out of your daze when you feel a hand on your shoulder.

"Not the best place to live but, it's all we've got."

"You're joking right?" you laugh, "this is. . . it's - it's...."

Another laugh comes from him, and Leo motions you to stay still.

"Wait here a minute."

You did as you were told, trying to stay still as possible and listen to what was around you, to resist the urge to explore. You heard some kind of buzzing behind you, realizing you can softly hear the humming of what seemed to be computers beeping and their fans running just to your side.

Leo returns with his smile still adorning his face. He nods his head further into his home.

"This way."

With your pounding heart nearly shattering your chest as you walked, your eyes never stopped moving as you walked farther in.  What was this room? It seemed to have rubber mats all over the floor, strange shelving on the walls, and other odd structures. 

Suddenly you are brought to a halt.

"(Y/n), these are my brothers."  Leo said.  

Three giant figures stood in front of you; all were different in their own unique style of clothing and each seemed to have a different weapon strapped somewhere on their person.

First there was Raphael, the one with the temper.  He had two sais for his choice of weaponry, and he was ruggedly built and had a glare that could freeze you; he seemed to be the muscle of the group.