Heartbeat (Donatello)

*Unedited*  Mistakes may vary o.o

You sat on the living room couch reading one of the books your mother left behind for you before she left.  It was one of her childhood favorites, and since you had nothing to do that day you decided to read it.  You would have gone out but with what happened a few days ago you still didn't feel comfortable to go out on your own, even Vern stayed inside with you.

"(Y/n)!" You hear your uncle holler for you.

"Yeah?"

"Donnie's here."

Bookmarking the page in your book, you set it aside on the small coffee table beside the couch and snuggled more into your white blanket.  You heard Donnie come in from the back room as he said 'hello' to Vern and made his way to you.  He didn't have his gear on except for his goggles, and no matter where he went he carried his Bo staff with him.  You felt him come up behind the couch and place a hand on your shoulder, lightly squeezing it.

"Morning." You hear him say, a smile adorned on your face as you tilt your head back to look up at him.  He was smiling as well.

"Hi."

"You feeling ok?" Donnie asks as he goes around to sit beside you. You shrug your shoulders in response.

"Alright I suppose. I still get tired though."

Donnie's hand reached for yours as he held on tightly to you, his kind smile making you blush. It was nice of him to stop by especially since he brought you to the lair to tend to your wounds after that kidnapping incident. Ever since then he came over everyday for at least three hours, sometimes even longer, to spend time with you. The longest was an entire afternoon until seven at night.

You didn't mind though, you loved having Donnie over; the both of you would talk the day away about almost anything you could think of and still get a laugh out of it. You never wanted him to leave when it was time for him to go home, he didn't want to leave either. And now that he had a reason to skip training because of the recent event, he wanted to spend as much time with you as possible and make sure you were alright.

"How are your wrists?" Donnie asked as he ran his thumb over the top of your hand. You but your bottom lip at his touch; he was gentle with you. Your (e/c) eyes looked down at your wrists from the rope that was once around them.

"Much better," you say, "Vern re-wraps them every four hours."

"Good."

There's that smile again.

"I hope you're feeling better, everyone at the lair misses you."

You laugh as you tuck your lugs underneath you, pulling your white blanket up further onto you.

"Well I hope I can get there soon. I miss you guys as well, especially working with you on our little projects."

Donnie chuckled. "It's pretty empty in that lab without you (y/n)."

Your hear was melting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

After hours of talking, both of you had gotten tired as you sat there on the couch; the heat from the vents filled the room and it made you both sleepy and eventually laying there with your eyes closed.  Both of you hadn't realized that you fell into Donnie's side with your head on his arm.  You and him were sunk into the couch to where his head met the back of it, the both of you sound asleep and in peace.  

Unfortunately you had to get up.  The heat that vented through the room was getting a little too warm, the sweat from your body began to seep through your clothes and eventually you had to go change into some short and a t-shirt.  Once you did that you turned down the thermometer and proceeded back to the couch.

As you returned, your eyes landed on Donnie who had his head gear in his lap.  He seemed to be comfortable; he had on leg on the couch while the other was off to the side.  His head was leaned to the side so it rested on the couch, and you could hear a slight snore come from him which made you giggle.  You then made your way over to sit back down, and once you did you sighed softly as you stared over at your friend.  A burning sensation began to form on your cheeks, and your stomach started to feel squishy all of a sudden as you watched him sleep; you began to have thoughts about Donnie.

both of you had grown closer each day since the first time you met, the two of you just clicked together so easily.  At to be honest, at time you felt more closer to him than ever before.  You began to remember the times when he'd invite you over to the lair to work on projects; you'd notice his little gestures and how he would get flustered whenever you teased him or gave him a compliment on his work.  Donnie would lean over you to 'observe' your work and he would always praise you by giving you small gestures like putting his hand on your shoulder or lightly touching your arm.  You had to admit, he was pretty cute, with his glasses and how smart he was.  And he was that kind of awkward that made you laugh in a good way, adorable was what he was. . . You really liked him.

Your face began to burn more now.  Did you really just admit that to yourself?  A human and a turtle?  Together?  The longer you thought of it the more your smile to yourself, accepting the fact that you may be in love with this adorable guy.

Biting your lip, you tucked your legs underneath your and leaned against Donnie like how you first fell asleep.  Pulling the blanket over the two of you, you snuggled up against him until your head met his chest.  

You felt so comfortable there with him, warm and safe.

But that's when you knew. . . you truly did care for him.

It was strange to admit it at first, but as you felt him turn enough to where he slide more into the couch, you were positioned closer to him.  And with that you felt his arm wrap securely around you, and you couldn't help but smile intensely.

You were finally able to get some sleep with the conclusion. . . that you were in love with Donatello.