That One Song (Michelangelo)

Shut Up and Dance by Walk the Moon

Unedited

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With your parents rarely ever home with you, it gave you the opportunity to mess around the house.  That meant a tub of ice cream, dancing and fooling around, and music blasted to the roof, but low enough not to get complaints from the neighbors.  The apartment would be a disaster after your little party, but you always cleaned up afterwards.  Although, you wished someone was here to share the fun with you. . . preferably Mikey.  You remembered that he mentioned he had training today so you didn't bother to contact him.  It was just you and your loyal canine companion.

But as if your wish was heard, it came true.  

Since you could barely hear anything because of the music, you never heard your kitchen window open up.  In came Mikey, stopping dead still once he saw you dancing around.  He smiled at the sight of you, you looked so cute as you pranced around and sang out loud, your dog jumping around with you and almost making you trip.  He thought now was a good opportunity to sneak up on you.  But unluckily for him, your dog's barking gave him away.  You stopped what you were doing and saw Mikey at the archway, smiling at you innocently.

"Were you sneaking up on me?" you ask as you turn down the music so you can hear him.

"No-o?"

You chuckled softly as you watched Mikey come up to you smiling, then puling you in for a tight hug and planting a long kiss on your cheek.  You giggle as you feel your dog squeeze in between the two of you, (he/she) was always jealous whenever someone gave you affection.

"I thought you had training today?"  You ask Mikey, turning your gaze to him.

"I do, but I wanted to see you instead."

He always knew how to make you smile, but although you were happy to see him, you didn't want him to get in trouble because of you.  Last time he went off from training he got in trouble for it; his punishment was 24 hours in a room called the Hashiin, a type of room to make Mikey learn his lesson the hard way.  No water or food was allowed in there, and he couldn't rest with whatever Splinter made him do.  He  would have gone longer, but a pizza box was thrown in front of him, and knowing Mikey he quickly broke and told Splinter where he went off to.  

"As much as I love seeing you Mikey; are you sure you should be here?  You don't want to go back to the Hashiin do you?"

Mikey cringed at that word, that place was awful to him.  But he figured; he had twenty minutes before training, and it only took five to get to your place, he had plenty of time to visit you!  You were his girl, and Mikey made sure to visit you everyday, or at least have some kind of communication with you when he couldn't make it over.  You watched as he shook his head.

"I can survive another day in there.  Besides, I see your having your own little party.  It ain't no party when Mikey isn't here, is it?"

Chuckling, you shook your head.  This guy was just too damn adorable to say no to.

"Well," you begin, "I see you don't have a lot of time, so how about a quick dance?"

"Slow?  I can't do slow."  Mikey said as he watched you flip through your songs on your phone.  You turned back at him and grinned.

"Oh no.  This song isn't slow."

Clicking play, you rush over to him and take his hands, then begin dancing to the song as both of you chuckle and laugh along the way.

Don't you dare look back

Just keep your eyes on me

I said "You're holding back"

She said "Shut Up and Dance with me!"

This woman is my destiny

She said Oooh, "Shut Up and Dance with me!"

This felt more like a rave or something.  With the two of you jumping around and acting like goof balls, it was surprising the whole neighborhood didn't feel the ground shaking.  You were laughing and hollering and falling over things, Mikey caught you multiple times from falling over because you were so dizzy, he was too but he felt more 'sober' than you were.

But sadly, the song ended and that was Mikey's cue to leave.  He wrapped you up in a big hug and kissed you sweetly.

"I'll be back later, and then we can have another party!  I'll make sure to bring the pizza!"

Laughing, you lay your head on his shoulder, not wanting him to go.

"Sounds great.  Try not to hurt yourself, yeah?"  You say as you look up at him.

"Wouldn't dream of it."

After another long hug, you watched as Mikey hopped out the kitchen window and down to the street.  If he really meant what he said about coming back later, it made you happy knowing you'd get to see him again.  

"We should probably clean up, eh (girl/boy)?"  You say as you pet your dog's head.  

For the rest of the evening, you cleaned up the apartment, the mess you and Mikey made, which was surely going to look the same way later that evening.