Your Nightmare (Donatello)

"I need to get out! Out, out, out!" you mumble to yourself.  Smoke nearly engulfed your body, making everything in front of you barely visible.  It was taking over your lungs too, and rather quickly.  You didn't know how it happened; all you remember was coming to a room and it suddenly burst into flames, and you were running around searching every room to find a way out.  You seemed to be the only person in the room, or at least it felt like it.

"Someone!"  You scream.  "Help me!  I'm still in here!"

But no one heard you or called back to your cries.  You wanted to cry but you held in the tears so your eyes wouldn't dry out from the smoke.  Your arm covered your mouth but yet you were couching up a fit the whole time you ran through each room and hallway.  It felt like you had been running forever, and the more you did the fire spread even more giving you less time to get out; but how?  There was no exit!

Your calves were beginning to sting now which was making you slow down more, not the best situation now.  But the more you ran the more the rooms and hallways grew, longer and father to run through, you were surprised you hadn't collapsed yet; from tiredness and fatigue.  You hoped it wouldn't be long now that you finally found the exit and escape from this burning hell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Donnie sat beside you on your bed as you slept beside him.  He was finishing up The Outsiders when he noticed how much you had been tossing and turning in your spot, so he set the book on the lamp table and placed a hand on your shoulder.  Donnie had hoped the slightest touch would calm your movements, and it did for a minute or two until you started moving again.  He leaned over a bit to see if anything else was wrong; you were sweating like crazy, and it wasn't even warm in the apartment.  Were you sick?  He then began to gently shake you, hoping you would wake up.

"(Y/n). . ." Don said calmly, but when he continued to shake you you never woke.

Must be dreaming, he thought and continued to try to wake you up.

You began to talk in your sleep now, which caught his immediate attention.

"Fire. . . help."  You mumbled, not forming enough of a sentence for Donnie to understand.  He shook you once more, harder this time but soft enough to not hurt you.

"(Y/n)!"  He said louder, hoping it would wake you up.  He saw your eyebrows knot together and the muscles in your jaw tighten.  This dream of yours was intense by the sounds of it, it'd be best if he really woke you up.

"(Y/n), wake up please!  You're worrying me!"

And eventually after a few seconds of gently shaking you and calling out to you, Donnie finally managed to wake you up, and when you did you woke up rather quickly and harshly.  Your heart was racing and your forehead was still dripping with sweat, it was hard to catch your breath.

You slowly sat up once you saw Donnie looking down at you with his hazel eyes, they were full of concern but it made you feel better once you knew he was there, and thankful he woke you up.

"Are you ok?"  Donnie asked, placing a hand on your back.  You nodded weakly as you let out a puff of air.

"I will be."  You say, "that was awful."

"What happened?"

You shook your head and wiped your face with your sleeve, getting rid of the water on your face.

"I was stuck in a massive fire, no one would help me get out, and I couldn't find the damn exit.  I almost considered jumping out a damn window."

You felt Don kiss your head for a moment before pulling you into a hug.  He was telling you it was ok now, and you felt happy knowing he was there watching over.

You figured now was a good time to get up, not wanting to go through that again.  If it did, next time you may not be so lucky to have Donnie to wake you up.  Your fate may have been changed dramatically.