Scoring an Injury (Michelangelo)

Unedited

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skating at the park at night felt almost serene to you; with the lights on over you illuminating your path of ridges, ramps and stairs it was the perfect place to unwind after a long day.  No one was there except you and an empty skate ring, with the view of New York's lights shining brightly in the background.  It was a cool night, not cold not hot, comfortable enough to skate around in without a jacket or a long sleeved shirt; it felt nice to get out of that stuffy apartment.  

Without your parents rarely around you told no one of where you were going at this late at night, it would have been hard to find you if anyone was looking.  Fortunately for you, there was one special being who knew exactly where you would be tonight, and he planned to pay you a visit at the park.  Mikey was the only one who knew where you would be, you were always here on late Saturday nights. You weren't expecting him to show up so you were in your own little world as you zoomed around the ring.

(You're listening to the song below)

With your headphones in and iPod in your pocket, you smiled as you felt the cool night breeze brush against your skin and through your hair; you knelt low on the board as you let your fingertips graze over the cool cement, letting your board continue to roll. It felt like you were in a dream, a really good dream, and you didn't want to wake up.

You weren't aware of the figure who was watching you from a distance. Mikey watched as you rolled around the skate park, doing small flips, grinding on railings and other small things; it was cute watching you go around in your own little world. He smiled to himself, put down his own board and began gaining speed towards you.

"Hey, Angel!"

You stop your board and turn your head around to look over your shoulder to see Mikey waving you down, a smile plastered on his face. Your lips curled up in response to his presence , and you immediately skated over to him, being embraced in his arms once you were at his side. Once in his arms you felt Mikey kiss the top of your head.

"I figured you would be here." he said cheerfully. "Nice night for skating eh?"

You chuckle and nod, burying your face into his chest.

"It is isn't it? Care to join me?"

Mikey laughed. "Skate away the night with my girl? Why do you think I came here?!"

Laughing, you quickly turned and put your board on the ground, one foot on it and ready to go. You looked back and Mikey and motioned your head forward.

"Well come on then! Show me some skills!" you say, then pushing off and gaining speed. Mikey chuckled and began to follow, his grin still on his face.

With Mikey close behind, the two of you continued to perform tricks and laugh the night away, and without even realizing it the two of you had spent nearly two hours in the skate park. You were having the time of your life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mikey had stopped skating for a few minutes to catch his breath, waiting on the sidelines while watching you continue to skate and do tricks. He would holler to you and compliment your skills, earning cute smiles from you whenever you could catch a glimpse at him. 

But you had to be careful; one wrong move and you could be face planted into the cement. 

Mikey called out to you once again, giving you a compliment and cheering you on; but this time you took a second too long to look back at him, ignoring the sidewalk bump that connected to the tar of the skate ring, and you found yourself flying.  You didn't have knee or shin guards, no gloves, nothing but a helmet.  Your skin wasn't protected. 

You landed on the concrete harshly, rolling three times until you finally stopped still.  Mikey quickly ran over to you and gently helped you sit up; he noticed your hands were clenched tightly and close to your chest.  But that's when he spotted the blood marks along the pavement; he quickly went into panic mode.

"Crap!" Mikey hissed.  "Angel, you ok?!"

You groaned and gritted your teeth from pain, but then you slowly lowered your fists and opened your hands, revealing the torn skin and blood and pieces of dirt lodged inside your hand.  Mikey also saw your knee, also skinned up and bloody and full with dirt, possibly in the need of stitches.  He kissed your temple and took off your helmet while you silently cried beside him. 

"This is my fault," Mikey said sadly, "I made you lose focus."

"Sweetheart, falling while skating is just a part of it.  I'll be fine. . . Eventually."

"I gotta get you cleaned up.  Here. . ."

Very gently, Mikey help you onto your feet, but because of pain in your knee, you couldn't fully stand; Mikey got an idea.

Turning his back to you, he held back his arms, wanting you to jump onto his back so he could carry you. 

"You're kidding me right?"  you say sarcastically.  You watch Mikey shake his head. 

"No.  My girl is hurt and there is no way I'm letting her walk and hurt herself more." 

Smirking, you carefully hop onto his back, feeling Mikey grab onto both of your knees as you wrap your arms around his neck.   Mikey then placed his foot on his board, and with yours in your pack, he pushed off on the board holding onto you tightly.

"Hold on cupcake."

~~~~~~~~~
The way to the lair felt like an eternity, even though you slept on Mikey's back the whole way there.  When you woke you found yourself rolling through the sewers, still being carried by Mikey.  The first thing your eyes saw when they opened was his shell.

"Ah," you groan.  "I think I drooled on your shell Mikey."

Laughing, he continued to push forward.

"I don't mind.  My baby needs to sleep sometimes."

Grinning, you lay your head back down on the top of his shell. 

Finally the two of you reached the lair; Donnie was quick to clean and patch you up.  Your hands and knee were now wrapped with bandages and the pain wasn't as bad as before, but Mikey still stood by your side and frowned, te though of him being the one to cause this knees away at him.  Once alone you grabbed his hand.

"Mikey," you say softly.  "It wasn't your fault."

Mikey grinned for only a second before leaning in to kiss you.  When he pulled away he rested his forehead against yours, taking your damaged hands and kissing them both.

"I'm glad you're ok now."  He said, making you smile.

"I love you Mikey."