4. First Meeting Michelangelo

Besides video games, music and sleep, your most favorite thing to do was parkour and that was just what you were doing today. And as beautiful as it was outside, it's where you had been for most of the evening.  Not only was in enjoyable and kept you busy, but because you were damn good at it. You had been involved with parkour for over two years now and continue to improve every day.

It came almost naturally for you now, ranging from jumping over railings, scaling walls and jumping roof to roof; of course, if you didn't pay attention to where your feet planted after every stride you risked falling and breaking your face, or anything else really.  No one wants that, but you had fun all the while.  Any day that you could go out and do a little parkour was instantly a good day, and you felt good about yourself afterwards as most do with exercise. Tired maybe, but good. It felt even better when you knew people would even take pictures and videos of you as you passed.

But today you weren't on the streets, you were on the rooftops, far above the crowds.  It was just you and your shadow.

With parkour you had to anticipate every move that was ahead of you, how you would stick the landing and even what your move after that would be. Your eyes and mind needed to be focused at all times, but even as an intermediate you still had your fails.

Like being completely blinded by the sheer drop on the other side of this upcoming roof.

You place your hand down onto the tiles and haul yourself over, only to be greeted by the street below and a very steep roof that gave you no footing whatsoever. The drop made it almost seem like you vaulted yourself over it. 

Your arms flail and your legs kick out, praying that you survived this landing. Your feet land on the tiles but begin to slide down as if you were snowboarding. 

"Shit, shit, shit!" you curse to yourself. There's no way I'm landing this without a broken bone!

You have to prepare yourself to jump at the edge or else you would just fall into the pavement. Thankfully, a smaller building is just beneath you, so this jump may not be so bad after all. It was only the turbo speed you were going that made you panic.

Only you didn't have enough momentum.

I'm not gonna make this!

Embracing your sweet impending doom, you weren't exactly ready to be hauled by your waist over to said building and rolled onto the roof. A pair of very strong, green? arms have a tight hold onto you while you lay there, shocked and disgruntled as you slowly sit up. Who was your savior? Where the hell did they come from?

"Damn!" you hear them say. Both of you stand up, albeit you're a little slow from the pain, and they chuckle.

"You got some serious skills," they say happily, "maybe a little stupid with that jump, but skill!"

You groan as you rub your back, looking up to see. . . well, you didn't know. But your eyes widen in surprise, and you can tell that this creature was expecting that kind of reaction. Their hands reach out to you.

"Chill!" it says, reaching behind it's head. It seems to untie the orange bandana around it's head and presents it to you. "Just a mask. Nothing to be afraid of."

You huff and begin to rub your forearm now. You must have landed on it.

"You. . . think that's what I'm thinking of?" you say, "the mask?"

"Still pretty cool right?" they laugh. "I mean, it's not every day you get to see a mutant turtle."

Your eyes blink a few times before even you begin to chuckle, but in disbelief and shock. This. . . turtle, was huge - muscular, tall, green, scaly, and very good at your language. It felt like this came straight out of a movie.

"Um," you swallow nervously, "do you . . . have a name?"

It's smile was possibly the biggest and happiest smile you had seen or had been given. Whatever fears you had seemed to wash away after seeing it.

"Michelangelo," he says, pretending to graciously bow to you like some prince. You begin to smile back at him when he stands up straight. "Gotta tell you, I'm really glad you haven't ran away screaming."

Your shoulders shrug and you form your lips into a thin line before smiling at Michelangelo. 

"You kinda did save me from having a few broken bones," you say, "so I'm actually rather thankful you came along. I'm (y/n)."

How it happened you didn't know, but you had somehow spent nearly two hours sitting there on that roof talking with a mutant turtle named Michelangelo.  Video games, music, likes, dislikes and your love for pizza were shared between the two of you, and you got along very well for someone you just met especially considering who he was. Not only did you speak of similar interests, but Mikey told you what he could of his family as well; turns out there were three others like him as well as the reason for his whole getup.  But he kept to himself about some things, just for the sake of their safety. 

 'Mikey' was what he wanted you to call him from now on, since he and you were now 'bros' to him now, and you had no trouble with it.  You never knew if you'd see him again.

With the sun now gone and the stars replacing it, you're the first to stand to signal your leave. You reach your hands above your head and stretch, soon followed by Mikey who does the same. You don't remember having that long of a conversation, at least for a while now. It's like you two had known each other for years.

"You know," you started, "this has got to be the most interesting day I've had my entire life."

And indeed it was for both of you.

Mikey smiles proudly and happily, glad he was able to meet someone at last and attempt to make new friends. He was pretty sure he was successful in that part.

"Need help getting down?" Mikey offers. You chuckle softly in return and shake your head no.

"Nah," you begin, "I'll just use the fire escape ladders. Thanks though."

Looking at what seems to be some sort of makeshift phone, Mikey huffs and puts it away. There's an annoyed look on his face.

"I'd really appreciate it if you didn't say anything about me or my fam," he says, looking at you with pleading eyes. "For safety reasons. No one needs to know about us.

"Does that mean I'm in trouble?" You laugh and so does Mikey. He pretends to shoo you off.

"I can make an exception for you," he smiles happily. "You're pretty awesome."

You can feel your cheeks heat up and you have to look at the ground, but you try to play it off by clicking your tongue and also shooing him away with your hands. You pretend to sway back and forth.

"Aw, shucks," you coo. 

Mikey proceeds to laugh a long with you before he stands at the edge of the building. He playfully salutes you and literally jumps off the edge, leaving you behind to watch him elegantly and naturally seem to glide over the rooftops. You knew that he had done that all for a long ass time, even longer than you. 

There was no doubt in your mind you would see him again.