Feelings (Leonardo)

Once again Leo was having a hard time concentrating.  Why? Because of you. He'd try to meditate and stay still, trying to calm his mind. . . but nothing was working. Not that is was a bad thing, but every couple of minutes or so thoughts of you would flood his mind and he'd always end up with his hands rubbing his face trying to get over the redness that covered his face. He had butterflies in his stomach too, heart pounding fast the more he tried to focus, all he could think about was you and it wasn't intentional.

Was all of this trying to tell him something? The distractions, the feelings that he felt throughout his body, the visions? Leo had an idea of what could possibly be happening, but he didn't jump to conclusions just yet, there was no way he was right. Leo didn't want to start thinking of it yet.

"You are troubled my son."

Leo turned to see his father, Splinter, at the entrance watching him. He wore his many layers of draped fabric, he knew something was bothering Leo.

"What is wrong?" Splinter asked as he approached his son. Leo bowed his head slightly to greet him

"Having trouble concentrating is all." He said. "Something on my mind that won't go away."

Leo's father studied him for a moment. He noticed how restless and fidgety he was, Leo was obviously nervous and yet he couldn't really understand why. Splinter motioned to Leo to sit with him in the family rest area, where there were cushions surrounding a small table. Both sat across from each other while Splinter had a small cup of tea in front of him.

"Tell me what is wrong," he started. "It is obvious something is troubling you my son."

Leo sighed heavily as he slumped in his spot, his hands went to rub his tired eyes, and once again your smiling face came to his mind. He grumbled lowly and his father took quick notice on how his son suddenly reacted.

"Leo?" Splinter was growing more concerned for his family member.

"It's (y/n)," he finally said, still rubbing his face, "she's been on my mind for quite a while now."

"Is it a bad thing?" Splinter asked him. Leo shook his head.

"No, of course not. She's my closest friend."

Leo's father tilted up his head slightly giving his son a puzzled look, but he was getting a good idea afterwards of what was going on with him yet he didn't say anything, he wanted to hear more of what Leo was going to say.

"I haven't been able to just sit and relax without her coming to mind, " he said, "no matter what I do she's always there."

Splinter grinned to himself as Leo looked up to him hoping for some advice from his father, but all he did was smile and it made Leo uncomfortable all of a sudden. He wished he would way something instead of just sit there and smile at him.

"I thought it would have been obvious to you my son. "Splinter finally said. "From what you are telling me. . . It sounds as if you have feelings for the girl."

That's when Leo's face burnt a bright red. He didn't want to believe it because he knew something like this couldn't possibly happen; a mutant turtle and a human? Together? The two of you were close, he didn't deny that. Hugs, the laughter and the long and comfortable talks you had with one another really made you close over the past few months, and for Leo they were bringing him closer to you. He pondered for a bit on how this would work between the two of you, but eventually he groaned and his face met his hands, he heard Splinter chuckle.

"My son, if you truly feel this way about (y/n), tell her your feelings. This moment in your life only comes once."

Leo looked up at Splinter.

"Don't let it get away from you when you know you may have a chance." Splinter says as he smiles at his son, "you may never know what will happen."

"What if she turns away sensei? What then?"

"That doesn't mean the two of you can stop being friends Leonardo. If you see an opportunity that would truly make you, and possibly (y/n) happy, don't be afraid to chase it."

With his father's wise words, Leo went back to his meditation with a smile on his face, more relaxed and focused. He hoped for a miracle that he'd see your smiling face once he told you everything.