6. Second Meeting w/ Raphael

The music is what you'll be playing later on in the story.

~~~~~~~~

Living alone gave you more time to yourself without anyone getting in your way.  It was nice to live under your own roof, to have your own rules and no one else eat your leftovers in the fridge. . . but every once in a while that sinking feeling of loneliness would settle in.  You'd want someone to just sit with and talk nonsense to.

You were having one of those days, so you decided some guitar playing would get things off your mind.  And fortunately, the building you were living in had an accessible roof you could go onto and sit down, chill out and get some fresh air.  You kept a blue chair up there in case of such scenarios.  With your acoustic guitar in hand, you made your way to the top floor.

As you made it to the roof, the sun's rays met your face and you instinctively covered your (e/c) eyes.  It was still warm out, but there was a slight breeze which made it feel wonderful as it danced across your skin.  You walked over the edge of the roof to look over everything below, and it felt like you lived in the tallest apartment building in your town area.  The view was incredible.

Orange, pink and purple draped across the horizon like a blanket covering the blue that once painted the sky, the perfect time of day to pick at your guitar.  You turned back and walked over to where you laid your guitar down, the chair you kept on the roof was just beside it.  A smile covered your face, and you felt happier already just knowing you were going to play.

As you sat in your chair you rested your guitar on your leg and pulled out your pick.  Then you thought for a moment on what you were going to play.

With a peaceful setting around you, you decided to play something relaxing.  You began picking at the strings.

A feeling of serenity came over you as you played; calm and relaxed, like every trouble you had was now gone.  Tints of orange and pink illuminated of your face. If anyone could see you now, you truly looked at peace with yourself.  

It had been a couple of minutes since you played, the sunset getting lower and lower with each passing minute.

"You're pretty good."

"Ah!"  you yelp, almost losing your guitar from your lap.  Instinctively, but accidentally, your hand flew up making your pick go elsewhere.  Quickly you turned around in your chair to see who was behind you.  Your heart fluttered a bit when you saw a familiar figure standing there smiling at you.

"Raph?"

You recognized his scruffy voice and his red bandanna draped across his shoulders; how the hell did he know you were here?

Raph chuckled slightly seeing your reaction.  That was the best thing that happened to him that day, scaring the hell out of you.

"You remembered?"  he asked you, and you nodded to answer his question.  You turned to face him while still in your seat, watching Raphael climb down the cement railing he had been crouching on and walked casually over to you.  You nearly broke your neck as you looked up at him, but he relieved some of the pressure when he sat down on the ground next to you.

"Hard not to," you say sarcastically, smiling also.  "How long have you been here?"

He shrugged.

"I heard your guitar," he says, "turns out you're not very far from our patrol routes."

"Oh. . ." was all you said.

A moment of silence went by as you two watched the horizon, the colors were dimmer, but still bright.  You noticed him turn to you at the corner of your eye, so you looked over at him to be greeted with his green eyes.

"Nice view you have up here," he said.

"Hmm. . . It's nice to come up here on days like this."

"No doubt."  

You smiled.  "You don't seem like the type for pretty scenery Raph."

You managed to get a small laugh from him.  It was kind of cute when he did; he didn't laugh much like his brothers did, and yet you managed to get him to do so.

The sunset is pretty.

"I'm guessing you didn't come here to just visit," you say, earning his attention. Raph nod slowly.

"A. . . friend of mine want to meet you.  Says it's important."

"A 'friend' ?" you say, emphasizing the word friend, "Should I be scared or-?"

He shook his head.

"No, don't be.  He's going to explain the whole mutant turtle thing."

"Oh, then I'd love to meet him,"  you smile. You had remembered Raph mentioning he had family; perhaps they'd tell their story to you.

Raph smiles and lifts his hand to you, hoping you'd accept the gesture.

"Sounds good."

You smile and accept his handshake. It was odd feeling your hand in his, and he was pleasantly surprised at how small yours was compared to his. It nearly swallowed it whole. 

 You couldn't wait to see Raphael the next morning. And neither could he about you.