8. Second Meeting w/ Michelangelo

Pizza for lunch - definitely good for a day like this.  

You had a (favorite soda) snug between your legs and a (favorite pizza) piece of pizza in your hand.  The roof was your favorite spot to hangout for some air and alone time. It had been nearly a week since you had seen Mikey, and as any person would, you returned to the exact same place every day in hopes of seeing him again.  The two of you got along very well, and you believed it was the most fun you've ever had with anyone.

He said he would return. 

Grease from the pizza ran down your fingers and your mouth as you ate.  It was quickly soothed down with a sip of your drink/

"Shoulda brough napkins. . ."  you mumble with your mouth full.

Each bite you took you had the same problem, but you washed it away with a cold swig of (favorite soda).  It felt good as it hit the back of your throat, though you weren't expecting to spit it out and choke on it not long after.

"Hey!  Can I have a piece?!"

Your drink came spitting out of your mouth and onto the ground, your hand covered your mouth to hide your embarrassment, but it seemed to do little good.  Familiar laughter caught your attention and you spun around quickly.  Soon your entire being enlightened with joy.

"Mikey!"  you laugh, smiling ear to ear.  His playful gringraced his lips again and he found himself climbing down to sit beside you, cross-legged.  You wanted to hug him, but given this was the second time you two have met, it would have possibly been a bit awkward if you did so.

However, you didn't assume or expect him to think the same.  It took you by surprise when he casually walked over to you and slung his arm around your shoulder, then started to playfully ruffle your hair, as if the two of you had known each other for years.

"Good to see ya (y/n)!  Miss me?" he asked.  You laugh and place your hand on the one that laid upon your shoulder.

"Mhmm," you hum, "what about me?"

Mikey let go and noticed the pizza box in the corner of his eye.  It wasn't until then he decided that his stomach needed a slice of hot, greasy pizza.  He walked over to it and looked it over.  Of course he'd go there.

"Dude, what do you think?"

He missed you?  Your heart fluttered at his words, but you didn't jump the gun just yet.

"But," he started, "I'm actually here for a different reason, yeah?"

You snickered and placed your hands on your hips as you watched your friend help himself to a piece of your pizza.  

"Is it because you're hungry and have decided to raid my lunch?"

With a mouth full of messy, but delicious pizza, Mikey turned his head to up at you as he sat comfortably on the ground.  He motioned you to sit down next to him.  Without hesitation you smiled and joined him.  You grab another slice and look to him, smiling. Mikey was busy stuffing his face.

"So," you started, earning the attentive stare from his blue eyes, "what's this 'reason' you came here for?. . .Mind telling me?"

"First let me say that this pizza is. . . really good.  I applaud you for your excellent taste in pizza toppings." He then playfully claps his palm with one hand rapidly.

You sighed in a playful tone and rolled your eyes, watching as Mikey shifted himself to have the front of his body facing directly towards you.

"When I went back home, after the first time we met," he began, "I told my family about us and how much fun we had.  One in particular wants to meet you, like, as soon as you have time."

Well that doesn't sound good. . .

Your (e/c) eyes looked at Mikey, an expression of worriment filled your face.  He realized immediately what was going on with you and quickly reassured you by pinching your cheek slightly with his hand.

"You're not in trouble (y/n)," Mikey chuckles softly, "he just wants to explain the whole turtle thing to you."  

Your cheek flushed a bit when he touched you, and soon a small smiled formed on your face.

To be honest you were quite interested in meeting his family, though you knew it meant more than that.  Getting to know Mikey's story was something you definitely wanted to hear since he had never told you about his origin at all yet.  What would they think if you met them?  You pondered a bit before you gave your famished friend an answer.

"Tell you what Mikey,"  you began, "you help me finish this pizza, I'll go with you."

Michelangelo gave you the most joyful, albeit adorable, grin when you agreed to meet them.  To hear you agree so willingly to meet them sparked joy in his heart. He gave you a small and appreciative laugh before the two of you began munching away on pizza.