13. Getting Home Safely (Leonardo)

Time always seemed to fly by when you spent time down in the lair with the boys, especially since they practically welcomed you down here with open arms. Another family to love you.

One more than others it seemed.

For each passing day that you would visit Leo's family, he would immediately offer to walk you home and get you there safely. Of course he'd have to take you the back alleys and such to not be seen from the public eye but that didn't stop him from getting you home. Even still, it seemed you two had much more to talk about despite being in each other's presence all day; your minds never stopped melding. 

The night's where he couldn't walk you home either from it being too late or his father saying no, he'd always text you or video chat with you to make sure you were absolutely safe the entire way. Of course his brothers would sneak into the frame and say their hellos to you as well; he'd only get a tad irritated at the intrusion but shrugs it off.

"You guys need to come over for a pizza night!" you say happily, watching Leo smile from your phone. "I have a shit ton of movies that need to be watched as well."

The terrapin chuckles deeply, adjusting his head on the couch pillow as he lays there. Those blue eyes nearly seem to pierce into your own through the phone screen.

"Sounds like a plan (y/n)," he coos. 

He watches you walk through the front door of your apartment complex that you share with April. He's got a full view up your nose from there while you enter the elevator.

"You might wanna get those nose hairs some time."

He's obviously teasing but you glare at him through the screen. A wise ass.

"Then stop looking."

Another one of his charming laughs. "I'm glad you're home. I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?"

Those blue eyes watch as you yawn, and before long your phone is set on your night stand, giving him a full view of yourself and your room. You plant yourself on the edge of your bed and throw your jacket to the floor, too tired to hang it up.

"Night Blue," you grin to him from your phone. You reach for it, ready to end the call.

Leo tries to hide the fact his new nickname spilling from your lips doesn't make him feel a certain way, so he just smiles that same charming smile and sits up on his couch.

"Goodnight sweetheart."