Fooling Around (Raphael)

Winter didn't feel like winter; it was unusually warm this year, it didn't even snow until January.  When it did snow, it would be gone by the next morning, the shortest you saw was only five hours.

Today was especially chilly though, colder than all the other winter days this year.  You were up on the roof getting some air; you had just gotten away from a heated argument with your band's lead singer and you needed to clear your head.  And your favorite spot on the roof was the perfect place to do so.

It was around ten that morning and you were up on the roof for at least ten minutes now, leaning on the cement railing and looking out at the horizon beyond the harbor.  The sun glared off your face and illuminating your (h/c) hair in orange colors, it was warm against your cold skin.

But you were so lost in though that you never saw who sneaked up behind you, and soon you felt your face get slapped with cold snow.

You jumped in surprise but then began to do the wiggle dance as the snow began to melt down your back, it had gone into your jacket and then your shirt.  Your body twisted in quick movements from the cold water, that's when you heard a familiar laugh from behind you.

"Raphael, yousonofabitch!" you say as you turn to him.  He raised his hands in front of him for defense in case you decided to hit him, which is what you usually do when he does something mean to you.

"Sorry (y/n), it was just too tempting."

You smile and begin to laugh along with him, slowly backing away to the cement railing to gather a clump of snow in your hand.

"I hope you realize this means war."

Grinning, Raphael began to form another snowball with his hands, but he wasn't prepared for the one that hit the side of his head.  He grunted and laughed as he picked up the lid of a nearby metal trashcan and used it as a shield.  You laughed at his sudden tactic.

"Raph, those Captain America tricks won't save you!"

"I'm not exactly small so what other choice do I have!"

And so the war began between the two of you, snowballs went everywhere as they would hit the cement walls and trashcans around you, some would even go over the side of the building and his the sidewalk below.  You could hear people shrieking below from the sudden appearance of the snowball, but luckily you heard no crashed from cars, only screams of small fright.

But the two of you kept at it for a good while, throwing snowball after snowball and hitting each other most of the time, none of you had that really much good of aim.  It stopped eventually, the two of you ere out of breath and laughing as you took seats on the ground.  Your face was beat red.

"That shield trick of yours was pretty smart," you say as you wipe snow off your shoulder, "I'll have to use that for next time."

Raph chuckled before he stood up, offering his hand to you to help you up.  You took it and he pulled you to your feet, then cupped your face with his hands; they were warm despite the snowball fight you just had.

"You're rather warm."  He said.

"I haven't had a snowball fight in years, tends to knock the wind out of you a bit."

Leaning in to kiss your forehead, Raphael then pulled down your beanie over your eyes rather quickly, catching you off guard.  You playfully slapped his arm away and fixed your hat.

"Ass." You say, giggling as he pulled you close to him.

"You know, hot chocolate sounds good right now."  Raph said as he looked down at you.  You smile and take his hand and begin to lead him through the door.

"Luckily I have some left. . . I think.  Let's go look."

The rest of the evening was spent drinking hot chocolate and watching Netflix.  Your day just got a whole lot better with Raph in your company, and there was no other place you'd rather be.