149. Speechless (Raphael)

Raphael wasn't exactly expecting a certain phrase to come out of your mouth, and you certainly didn't expect him to react the way he did when you said it. It was a simple way of teasing him, as this kind of playful banter was a thing the two of your shared when in each other's company. 

"Would you pass me the remote?" you say. Raphael peeks up from his phone and looks around, oblivious to the fact of where it was. You can see it from the other end of the couch you're on, and your eyebrows raise in a state of wonder as to how blind he was. This is when you get playful and tease him.

You point at the table the remote is on.

"See the table? Right beside you? That little. . . object there. Black, long, has buttons on it? Turns the tv on and off, increases the volume and gets lost all the time?"

Raph finally does see it and he wants to kick himself for not noticing it beforehand; now he must endure the embarrassment. And based on your teasing tone, humiliation as well. He tosses it gently to you and watches you catch it.

"There's a good boy," you teasingly say, turning on the television. 

That's when you realize how quiet he was after a few moments of using the device; you had fully expected a sassy remark of his own pointed in your direction, maybe even a glare. What you didn't expect, was to see Raph hunch up his shoulders and render immobile, phone locking on it's own with no contact and the intense stare at the floor. 

"What?" you chuckle nervously. Had you said something wrong? "Raph?"

He opens his mouth a bit and blinks, staring at you then afterwards and putting his phone down.

"I-" Raph begins, "please don't call me that."

"Call you what?"

He sighs. "The thing.. you just said. After I gave you the remote."

You thought a moment before a mischievous smile graces your features, and you put the remote down to slide over to the other end of the couch where he sat. He immediately knows what you're up to and his face goes into his hands. When your own rest on his arm and shoulder, he can hear you laughing beside him.

"So," you begin, "you don't want me calling you a good boy anymore?"

He flinches and then groans lowly. You can feel his scales begin to warm to the touch. He's flustered beyond hell and he can't seem to stop you. It's a perfect opportunity for you to keep going.

"I mean, am I wrong?" you say, pressing a kiss to his shoulder. "You protect the city, help the defenseless, you take very good care of me and love me with all you have. You wash my dishes, help with my laundry, keep me company, and just over all a very..."

He mumbles into his hands.

"Don't-"

"-good,"

"-(y/n), please,"

"-boy."

That is when your luck runs out as well as your ability to tease the man. You're suddenly then grabbed tightly at the waist and Raphael pins you down onto the couch, listening to you laugh happily as he blows raspberries into your neck.

"Gross, stop!" you plead, laughing as he picks his head up to look down at you. He's smiling too, more than likely happy he has the advantage now.

"Call me that again," he says lowly, leaning towards you a bit more, "and there just might be action taken."

Another couple of giggles leave you before you can catch your breath, and his hand comes up to gently brush your cheek.

"Or you could turn into mush," you say. Raph hums and leans down to kiss you. "That was some serious bottom vibes when I said that to you."

He gives you what would equal to a death stare, and you know you've done it.

"Okay, that's it," Raph begins, playfully pushing you down further into the couch. He begins to get up. "You don't get kisses or hugs the rest of the evening."

"Nooo!" You reach for him with grabby hands, watching as he smiles at you while walking away towards the kitchen. "I won't call you that again! I promise."

He laughs. 

"Liar."

He wasn't wrong.