Shed No More Tears (Donatello)

Unedited

~~~~~~~

"Hello?"

Lifting your head from your hands, you spun your body around in your desk chair to see Donnie outside your window.  The poor guy was waiting out in the rain because you had locked the window to keep the water out from going into your room, but it didn't really matter anymore, because water had already made it's way inside long before it even began to rain.

Wiping your eyes you quickly went over to the window and unlocked it, but instead of lifting the window you turned and walked to the middle of your room, leaving Donnie to lift it up and come in.  You didn't even smile when you saw him, it was strange.  You never even went to hug him like you always did.  Once you heard Donnie close the window you turned to face him; he saw how upset you looked and immediately came to your side, planting a kiss on your forehead once you were in his arms.

"(Y/n), what's wrong?"  Don asked.

You then sat on the edge of your bed and wiped your eyes, sniffling and taking in deep breaths.

"It's Vern," you say sadly.  "We. . . got into an argument."

That was a first for Donnie, he knew how close you and your uncle were so it was odd to hear this from you.  Donnie sat beside you on the bed and wrapped his arm around your shoulder, kissing your temple afterwards. 

"What'd he say?"  Donnie asked.  You shook your head.

"We were both talking bullshit," you say as you wipe your eyes.  "I just wasn't expecting him to go as far as he did."

Donnie wanted to know what Vern said to make you this upset, but involving himself into this was not in his place, none of his business.  And if you didn't want to talk about it he wasn't going to push you to say anything.  All Don could do was hold you and kiss your head, an maybe talk you through it.

"How long has it been since you talked to him last?"  He asked you as you leaned into him.

"About an hour.  I feel so bad Donnie."

"Why don't you go talk to him?"

You look up at Done to meet his gaze, and his hand went to caress your cheek.

"Vern's your uncle (y/n), you know he loves you."

"I know," you say weakly, "but I don't know what to say to him."

You felt Donnie rest his head on top of yours; it was his way of telling you that everything would be o.k.

"Then don't say anything at all," he said.

You sniffled and looked up at him, confused by what he meant.  Donnie smiled as your (e/c) eyes met his loving gaze.

"I've seen you two just look at each other and know what the other is saying without actually speaking any words.  That's how close the two of you are, how much he loves you. . . Just like I do."

Smiling at his words, you leaned into Donnie once more and began to wonder; the bond between you and your uncle was an unbreakable one.  He had given you a home, food, and love when your parents left.  You couldn't ever repay him for what he's done for you.  Vern didn't deserve the way you yelled at him from before, it may have sounded mean and loud but it was just his way of saying he loves you, he doesn't want to see you hurt or else he wouldn't be able to take the pain.  The guilt tore away at your heart.

Wiping your eyes, you took a deep breath and stood up from the bed, Donnie watched as you turned to face him.  Your smile warmed his heart.

"Thank you Donnie." you say seeing his eyes lovingly look up at you.  you bent down just a bit to kiss him before turning to ho out into the small hallway to find your uncle.

Out of the corner of his eye, Donnie smiled at what he saw; you and Vern hugging, not saying anything, just taking in each others comfort.

This showed how close you and Vern were, but it also showed the relationship between you and Donnie.  He watched quietly, knowing how much you cared for your family just as much as he did.