Chapter 22: Operation Sneak Her Out

Start from the beginning

Turning to look at each other, the younger one spoke first, his voice sounded a bit awkward "You have a clue what the heck she just said back there?"

"I'm guessing she's asking us to wait a minute for some reason!" Once more simultaneously turning their heads to look back at the door that separated them from the pale girl, he then added "I wonder what!"

------------------------------------------------------------

Letting out a breath, Krishna then pressed her back against the shoji that separated her from the two brothers. She had one hand tightly gripping on to her right sleeve as her white eyes had this deep expression, starring down at the wooden floor of her room. Her head then ever so slowly lifted up to gaze at the ceiling above her, a longing look could be noticed at those oh so mysterious pale irises of hers as they starred up at presumably the outside world that lies from beyond her basement chamber.

Her shaking hand was some sort of sign that the girl was frightened for some reason. Was the idea of leaving the room she was very much already accustomed to this long incredibly terrifying? However, the longing gaze she too had tells another story. It was as if she felt that there was something holding her back. Who knows?

Afterwards, after a long and uneasy moment of starring in silence, she sharply inhaled, let it all out and twirled to look back at the chamber doors.

------------------------------------------------------------

"Elder Brother, I'm honestly starting to think that this may all be a big mistake!" The young brunette nervously stated as he rubbed his nape.

"You're not the only one, I think so too. I guess Father was actually right about the shy part. But we came this far, I mean we literally burned down a house in the process."

"No! You burned a house down, Brother!" Said boy corrected as he stabbed a finger at his older brother. "Plus, it's not like you did it on purpose, it was more like an accident. Whatever you did."

"If she feels very uncomfortable when she leaves the basement, then I can neither blame nor force her. Still, it's a bit of a shame if we don't take her there. I mean the place is literally a-"

The older boy was then interrupted the very moment them two heard the sound of the shoji door sliding open. Turning both their heads towards the source, their eyes were soon met with none other than Krishna herself standing by the now open doorframe. The troubled look she had was finally gone due to it being replaced by a straight look as she nodded her head with a hum.

The faces of the two brunettes then lit when they immediately understood what she had meant by that simple gesture.

"You mean, you wanna go?" Curiously asked Ashura, his tone also had a hint of shock and joy in it.

Once again, she nodded and hummed in reply.

"Are you sure? We don't wanna force you or anything."

And yet again, she nodded and hummed. Indra thought about it for a moment with his eyes narrowing in worry, but he eventually released a sigh and a small smile thankfully curved it's way across his lips.

"Alright then! So what are we waiting for? Let's get this over with already!"

He then walked passed the girl and disappeared into her chamber.

"Hey, Elder Brother!" Ashura called out to him as he craned his neck to look at his sibbling from outside of the room. "You mentioned you have some sort of plan to sneak her out without anyone noticing, right? And this time, please lessen up the weird stuff you have up your sleeves. If one more thing that is basically beyond explanation happens, I'm literally going to have a heart attack!"