The Only Ones Around (Donatello)

Start from the beginning

"You want me to?" Don asks, an innocent smirk tugging at the corner of his mouth. You smile in return and nod.

"Not like I'm gonna turn your company down any time soon," you giggle, kissing his nose. He chuckles and scrunches it.  "You might get some actually hours of sleep in."

"Wouldn't that be a miracle," Donnie chuckles softly, leaning in to kiss you. He lingers for a few moments before pulling out his phone.

Tell dad I'm staying at (y/n)'s.

Ding.

Donnie looks down at the screen and smiles widely, looking back up at you.

"Bedtime?"

The response makes you laugh and hug him, pressing a kiss to his cheek before standing up and taking his hand. Donnie turns the TV off and throws the remotely gently on the couch, reaching to turn the light off before the two of you head into the hallway.  It's an empty and dark room behind him now, a dim light illuminating the two of you as you begin to dig through your closet first thing.  Donnie takes his time removing his gear, leaving only his trousers and bandana on as you announce you're going to change in the bathroom. He throws the extra pillows on the floor and gets under the covers, playing a video on his phone while he waits for you. It's not long before you return with jammies on.

"So I haven't shaved my legs in like a month," you say. He chuckles. "Just letting you know."

You wore a t-shirt and shorts, hence your comment. Donnie doesn't give you time to settle in the bed as he pulls you on top of him gently.  Arms circle around you and hold you tightly, pressing a kiss to your shoulder.  The contact makes you shiver in delight. 

"Who's cooking breakfast?" he asks. You chuckle in response. "If I don't have to rush home, that is."

"We can decide that in the morning." Kissing him gently, Donnie then rolls you over on your side so the two of your are facing each other.

He pulls you as close as he can, to where his nose is lightly grazing your cheek.  Don swears he can feel your lashes flutter on his skin. His hand takes yours and pulls them behind to his shell, fingertips grazing the edges of it slightly. The closeness and intimacy almost made Donnie feel drunk. A good and hazy drunk. Comfortable. 

Donnie watches as your hand reaches to the side of his faces, feeling your fingers at the back of his head. He feels the fabric of his mask begin to move, realizing it feels looser. You pull the tail of his mask to the side, then taking the whole piece of fabric and setting it on the table next to you.  His eyes seemed so much more intense without his glasses and mask, narrow and hazy. Although no doubt you looked blurry to him now, and the thought made you giggle to yourself. He was still handsome, nevertheless.

"Should be a crime to be this cute," you comment, leaning in for a kiss. Donnie kisses you again, a little more deeper this time. 

"You broke that law the moment I laid eyes on you," he says. Cheesy. 

You playfully slap his plastron and snuggle into him, feeling his embrace tighten the moment you do. 

"See you in the morning," he whispers.

~~~~~~~~

Donnie had managed to roll onto his stomach to sleep sometime during the night, and when he woke his arms were under his pillow while supporting his head.  The sunlight from the window shines through and turns the white sheets into a soft orange.  It takes him a moment and a few huffs on air to reach over to your side, only to feel nothing and no one there. Don's eyes open to see you aren't there and he lifts his head to look around the room. Eventually he rolls on his side and lifts his torso off the bed by his arm. He stays still a moment to listen, and eventually a sound does emerge.  A clunk of a glass in the kitchen.

Throwing the covers off, Donnie gets himself dressed in just a few minutes, his bandana the last to be put on.  He makes way into the hallway and into the kitchen. 

The stove light is on, but no other light. Not even the TV. The sun shines through the kitchen window and hits your skin as you flip over the omelet you're currently making, your skin practically glowing. Don takes in the sight and leans against the wall, watching you intently as you become oblivious to his appearance.  He watches as you put the food on a plate and go to crack two more eggs, beating them and pouring them into the pan. It's when you do that that Donnie comes up behind you and wraps his arms around your front. It startles you only a little, and you continue your cooking.

"You decided on breakfast?" he says, kissing your cheek. You smile and nod in return.

"I got up first so I thought I should be the one to cook."

"Smells good." He peeks into the pan and at the dishes off to the side. An omelet with a side of few pieces of bacon. His mouth watered at the sight. And smell.

"All for you darlin'," you grin, pulling his face to you to kiss him. 

Don let's go and retreats to the dinner table, letting you do your work as he messes with one of his gadgets on his arm. Seems it needed a few tweaks. 

It's not long before his plate is set in front of him. He looks up at you and smiles brightly as you do so as well, sitting across from him. 

"There's some OJ in the fridge if you want some," you say, picking up your fork. He nods and goes to dig for two glasses in the cabinet, then reaching for the fridge handle to bring out the carton. He pours the two of you a glass and sets the glasses by the plates. 

"Whatcha think?" you ask, watching as he takes a bite.  He nods his head and hums happily, taking another big bite along with a drink. His reaction alone gave you an answer and you chuckle. 

The moment was very domestic, calm and endearing. Just in each other's company and talking, taking in the sunlight through the window and the coolness that went throughout the apartment.  Your foot brushes up against his legs and Donnie smiles shyly.

"What time were you going home?" you ask, then taking a sip of OJ. You watch as Donnie shrugs his shoulders.

"Not sure. Don't think dad had us training until later today."

"Then you could stay here until then?"

He chuckles again, pushing his empty plate to the side to reach over and take your hands in his.

"Do you want me to?"  he smiles.

"You already know that answer." A giggle emerges from you as you stand with your plate, going over to Donnie to lean down and kiss him, then taking his plate and going over to the sink. The man is quick to follow, and once again he's hugging you from behind, kissing your neck and shoulder gently. 

"You gonna keep standing there kissing me and not help with dishes?" you chuckle softly, flicking a bit of water in his face. Donnie scrunches his nose as the cold droplets hit his skin, and he laughs too. 

"You don't like the first idea?"

Another laugh. 

"'Course I do," you say, beginning to add soap into the water, "we could always do that in between though."

Donnie hums contently as his hands slide back from your waist, then moving to the side and grabbing the dry cloth to wipe down the dishes you clean and set aside.

"Sounds good to me."