His Nightmare (Michelangelo)

ابدأ من البداية

Don't be afraid.

This was getting a little to unsettling for him. It already was enough, but this was topping the cake.

Looking for these?

His eyes watch intently as the shadow grows, revealing a shape in it's arms that's all too familiar to him.

"Those are mine," he mouths, "my weapons."

Do you want them back?

"Yes."

Do come get them.

What kind of a ruse was this? Obviously some sort of trick. Mikey's happy-go-lucky normal personality is replaced by anger and fear, eyes narrow and his jaw locked. He swallows hard.

You're scared.

The shadow then gets close, and Mikey goes to step back again.

Except this time he can't. He is physically incapable of moving away. Maybe it was the fear building in his gut, or perhaps something was holding him there.

Don't be afraid of me.

"Who are you?"

You know who I am Mikey.

Mikey swallows again. When the figure holds out it's arm to return the weapons, his eyes widen in shock when an arm emerges from the dark, as if this thing was wearing a cloak. He looks up and to his surprise, he sees a face, half a face. The mouth, nose and chin are the only things to appear. It's smiling.

I know who this is, Mikey thinks. Why can't I say the name? Something was still holding him back.

You really don't know who I am? After everything we've been through.

"Everything? I don't..."

The hand holding one of his weapons quickly lets the weapon go, then snatching Mikey's hand in it's own, pulling it towards the shadow. Mikey frantically tries to resist and pull back, but fails as it forces his hand into the dark. It's face snarls and teeth clench together. Blood begins to drip from it's lips and nose. Mikey's hand becomes warm, and wet, and it's only when he looks down that he realizes what the sensation was. Foul smelling, warm, wet. . . 

It was blood. And when he looks up..

If only he could scream.

You stand there, face now fully in plain view, staring at him with such malice.

"(Y/n)," he finally manages to say.

Look at me Mikey. You did this.

The blood begins to pour out of you and Mikey is beyond mortified.

You weren't there for me. I'm going to die and it's your fault. You can't protect me.

He closes his eyes and lowers his head in hopes this would be over with. That you were unharmed.

What kind of monster does this?

Monster.

He wants to throw up. Tears flood his face as Mikey viciously tries to pull away, but you only seems to pulls him closer. Mikey viciously tries to pull away. This wasn't you. No way in hell this was you. You wouldn't say such a thing, especially to him and using that word. You knew how much he hated that word.

"(Y/n)," Mikey pleads, choking on his tears. His hand is pulled closer, grip tightening on him.

Look at me Mikey.

"(Y/n)!"

Look what you did to me.

"(Y/N)!"

Open your fucking eyes Michelangelo!

And he does so. When they open Mikey takes a moment for his mind, as well as his eyes, to come back to reality. He's home. His real home. Eyes stare up at the ceiling for a couple moments before a hand reaches up to wipe his tears away.

Mikey pauses, staring at the same hand that was covered in your blood. He swallows thickly and takes a shaky breath, sitting up slowly in his bed to look around. Everything seemed normal, like it always was.

"Mikey."

He looks up to see you in the doorway with a can of his orange crush in your hand, looking at him with worry in your eyes.

"I could hear you out here," you say, making way to him, "you were talking in your sleep. You okay?"

Mikey doesn't respond right away, staring down at his hands. Why was he afraid to speak all of a sudden?

His thoughts were interrupted when your hands set place on top of his. Mikey looks up again to see you inched closer to him, sitting on the side of his bed.

"Babe, you look like you're going to be sick," you say. "It was just a dream." You place a hand on Mikey's cheek, and he exhales sharply and leans into your touch. Your hand was warm, and it felt wonderful.

He pulls you into him as his arms wrap around your waist tightly, holding you as close as he can. Mikey's face nuzzles into your neck, and you feel him plant faint kisses onto your skin.

"Mikey?" He was oddly quiet. 

Mikey basks in the feeling of your body against him. A sigh of contentment and relief and comfort leave his lips.

"You know I would never hurt you right?"

"Of course I do," you say, pulling away to look at his face. You place a kiss on his lips. "Mikey, what the hell happened in your dream?"

He simply shakes his head, face diving back into your neck.

"Just lay with me. Please."

How could you refuse? You had never seen him so stressed or this troubled before. Mikey was a completely different person. You didn't pressure him into telling you, fearing it would make things worse. Instead you snuggle into his bed with him, hoping your company would give him better dreams this time around.