Stay - Kidge.

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE

He turned to his friends, no his family with fear as the news of him being galra was passed to them. He watched as they turn to him in horror and confusion while taking steps away from him.

He listened to the harsh whispers and threats, he was willing to take Kolivan offer about joining the Blades. He knew he was no longer welcomed here by the hated in their glares as they turned to him.

He looked away in shame but then he felt tiny arms wrap around his torso. He tensed as a small head rested on his chest. He glance down to see soft short hazel hair and the green armour.

"you looked like you needed a hug" She whispered still not looking at him but he calm slightly and soon wrapped his arms around her.

"so do you" He replied, he remember she had a couple close calls during the mission before he found out the news himself. She had a cut over cheek that was still slightly bleeding.

"thanks" She mutter and finally looked to him with a soft smile.

"thank you" He smiled gently at her, he really needed this right now.

He could feel the other paladins and two alteans fill with anger while they watched. He knew he had to let her go and tell her to stand with the others. He unwrapped his arms wishing he could never let her go but she didnt let go, her arms tighten.

"Pidge" He frowned as he felt the others tensed and was ready to fight.

"no" She replied with a huff shocking him.

"but" He started to fight back and she shook her head.

"Keith is Keith, a grump loner who cares deeply for his friends and would risk his own life to protect those he loved. Galra or human, Your still Keith" She smiled sweetly and looked to him with warmth.

"Pidge i" He started to say but she shook her head once more before breaking the hug.

"stay" Was all she asked, her eyes pleading him to not go and he looked at her surprised. 

Out of all the paladins he didnt think the one person to beg him in staying would be pidge. She was smart and sassy, she had too much pride to beg. yet here she was begging him to not leave her. He took a deep breath before glancing to his still upset friends and then glanced to Kolivan before turning back to her.

"stay" She whispered as she grabbed his hand.

"well i couldn't leave my partner all alone to fight" He slightly smirked making her glow before giggling.

"weirdo" She joked with her huge toothy grin he loved so much.

"Kolivan, I'm staying as the red paladin of voltron. I'm sorry" Keith spoke as he turned to Kolivan who glanced to pidge before nodding. 

"i wish you well and the offer will always stay if you wish to join us" Kolivan replied before walking away.

"we should get you cleaned up" Keith smiled slightly as he wipe the blood away from her wound and she leaned in as his hand touch her cheek.

"i think I'll live, I've had worse" She smirked making him lift an eyebrow.

"well i do agree with us having worse but what worse for you" He asked with a slight grin.