29. Twenty One

Depuis le début

Who knows, he might even bring a girl back with him tonight after his 21st celebrations. I imagine him and Niall plan on staying out to celebrate. 

"You look wonderful. I like that dress on you. You can't even tell that you're pregnant." He immediately brings his hand to his face. "Shit, ignore what I said." He removes his hand and holds his hands out as he pleads with me. "I am so sorry Hailey. You don't look fat. I meant as in the dress comes out and you can't tell that you-"

I laugh at him struggling and decide to put him out of his misery. "It's fine Harry, I know what you mean. It's me remember. I don't take offence to everything you say. I'm still quite small for now but soon I'll be walking around like a hippo so that's when I might start taking things to heart."

"I read that pregnant women are more sensitive and you should watch what you say."

"Sure I get emotional because of hormones but as I keep reminding everyone, I'm not a porcelain doll. I'm still very much normal me. And where did you read that?"

He scratches the back of his head. "Uh, I may or may not have done some reading. I downloaded a pregnancy ebook for first time fathers."

I tilt my head to the side as I stare at him in awe. "You downloaded an ebook?" He really is trying. "Harry."

He rolls his eyes and turns around. Harry walks over to the window and stares out it with his hands on his hips. "This is a perfect view of the harbour bridge. Niall said you can climb it. Is that true?"

"Changing the topic are we?"

"I wish I hadn't told you."

I walk over and join him by the window and stare at the bridge. This hotel has the perfect view of the harbour bridge and the opera house. The water looks so blue today. The sun is out. During summer the water is a crystal blue whilst in winter it is a dark grey colour. As I look up at the sky, I see that there is not a cloud in the sky. 

"Yeah you can climb the harbour bridge. I personally have never done it but I know a lot of people that have. They take a photo of you up the top of the bridge whilst you are dressed in your nice bridge climbing puffy suit."

"When you are no longer pregnant we should do that."

"You want to climb the harbour bridge?"

Harry nods. "Yeah, it's now on my bucket list. How old is the minimum age? Maybe one day we can do it as a family."

I look down at my stomach and place my hand on it as I look back at the bridge. "That would be nice. Though what if our baby is scared of heights?"

"Fear is a natural thing but it is my goal to teach our baby not to be afraid of anything. I want to remind them just how capable they are and that they have the ability to achieve anything if they put their mind to it."

I look beside me at Harry and I smile at him. "That's really sweet. Did you read that in the ebook?"

He shakes his head. "Nope, that one was me."

Harry's phone starts ringing. I can hear a very excited Irish accent through the phone and Harry doesn't even have his phone on speaker. Just hearing Niall's voice is enough to make me smile. He sounds so happy as well. Man, I can't wait to see him.

After Harry ends the call with Niall, he places his phone in his back pocket and runs over to the table to pick up his wallet.

"Niall is waiting in the lobby."

If I had got here five or ten minutes later I probably would have bumped into him in the lobby. 

"You ready to go?"