Chapter 4: These Sudden Questions

Start from the beginning

With that, Indra began making his way towards the curtained entrance, parted it and exited the chamber, adorable little Shiro following closely from behind. The two strolled down the hall in silence seemingly towards the outside of the building, their footsteps on the wooden floor filled their ears. As Indra and the dog walked, Shiro then suddenly stopped in his tracks, his happy and innocent aura had disappeared all of a sudden and began growling angrily.

Indra took notice of this, pause in his tracks as well and turn his head to take glimpse of the little pup, shocked to see that it's once adorable beady eyes were now narrowed dangerously and was showing off it's razor sharp teeth.

"Shiro?" Indra said in bewilderment. "What's going on? Is there something wrong?"

The very pup didn't reply however and just ran off towards the opposite direction from where they were supposed to head off to.

"Hey, Shiro! Where are you going?" Indra shouted in surprise, pushed his heels and ran after the little pup through the halls.

The puppy then suddenly came to a stop and began barking violently at a certain direction. Indra then stopped into a halt upon seeing the dog as it continued on barking loudly.

"Shiro, what on earth is going on with you?"

That's when his eyes was able to distinguish something a bit odd. Whilst Shiro continously violently bark, he was then able to notice that the pup was pointing directly at a set of staircase that led down. He then eventually realized where those very wooden steps led down to.

"Shiro, there's nothing to worry boy, it's just the basement down there!" Indra said reassuringly as he made his way towards the dog and bent down a bit to pick it up from within his arms.

But despite this, the puppy just continued on barking, but thankfully never even attempted to struggle to free itself from the boy's grasp. Suddenly Indra's eyes then widened a bit and gulped down a lump on his throat when he realized something.

Wait a minute! You're not barking because of the basement, are you? He indirectly asked the dog in his mind. What if, you're barking at what's in the basement?

A sudden feeling of dread then filled his entire body as he turned his head to stare down at the inky darkness the stairs led down to. He didn't knew how long his eyes were glued unto the pitch black the basement emitted, but he was well aware it really gave him the chills. Suddenly, he subconsciously raised one foot and landed on the first step down to the staircase.

But right when he was about to take another step, from out of nowhere, he felt a large hand grabbed his shoulder. Causing him to wake up back into reality and whip his head towards the direction where the hand came from, only to be met with a stern purple swirling gaze.

"F-Father?!" He said completely in utter shock.

The older man said nothing but held on to him as he dragged him out of the steps and, through the halls and around a corner. That's when he suddenly came to stop, turned to face the boy, knelt down in one knee to be in level with him and harshly placed his two hands on both of his shoulders.

"What were you doing there walking down to the basement?" His Father asked him in a demanding tone. "Answer me!"

 "Answer me!"