jungkook + taehyung - request

LEAVE MY NOONA ALONE

- in which jungkook falls in love with you, his babysitter, and can't stand to see you with your undoubtedly handsome boyfriend: taehyung; requested by @TheAlmighty_AJ

Ah, the babysitter.

There was once a time where little Jungkook despised having someone other than his parents around to take care of him; the idea of them being evil goblins or just bad people in general enough to make him hate the days they showed up at his door.

However, on the day of his third birthday, he was given what he now believes to be the best gift he's ever gotten in the five years he's been alive: you.

You had visited his house with your dad, a man who was working closely with his parents, and in the middle of the meeting, his mum received a call from the babysitter who said she had fallen too sick to come over.

And as if fate threw the opportunity into your awaiting hands, you became Jungkook's new babysitter.

While he can't remember much from the night, he can recall begging his parents to bring you back to take care of him instead of the old babysitter. Luckily for him, you were glad to watch over him, thus earning yourself the position permanently.

Jungkook giggles to himself, squishing his cheeks in between his hands as his chocolate brown doe eyes land on the front door where you and his parents stand, most likely discussing something boring and of uninterest to him. Despite this, he still peeks through the handrails on the stairs, lips stretching out into a toothy grin when he spots your face in the reflection of the hallway mirror.

Humming a nursery rhyme to himself, he patiently waits for the front door to close, finding that his hands begin to tremble as he thinks about all the fun things he could do with you tonight. He listens intently, his brows knitting themselves together when he realises that they still haven't left yet.

He's almost tempted to bound down the stairs and push them out himself, but then he hears something that makes his cheeks tingle strangely and his lips part in awe.

A sound, sweeter than the candy that he's given on special occasions, floats from the doorway, radiating a joy so strong that Jungkook fears it may have done something to him; his bodily response to the sound odd for him.

But Jungkook knows for sure, his parents having said similar things to several people over the years, that your laugh came from heaven itself.

It's no wonder that he can so easily declare his love for you in front of whoever is listening.

After all, he's had more fun during these two or so years that you've babysat him than he's had his whole life which, albeit, isn't very long, however, it takes a lot for Jungkook to be able to make that comparison.

In fact, he would even go as far as saying that, at this exact moment in time, his love for you is stronger than his love for his parents.

Just as he's about to lose his patience, those momentary thoughts of you doing a splendid job at managing to keep him distracted from the time, the familiar sound of the front door clicking shut has his lips stretching out into a toothy grin.

He doesn't waste another second at the top of the stairs, carefully making his way down them with a quiet giggle. Eventually, he makes it to the bottom of the stairs to see you hanging your jacket on the coat rack, oblivious to him watching you.

So it makes sense that you gasp when something small and warm latches onto your leg, hugging it to them with a few gleeful laughs. Looking to your side you see Jungkook, his doe eyes glistening with mischief and adoration as he flashes you a cheeky grin.