jin (final)

FINAL OF DARES

You stress over your dress, fixing up the sleeves nervously while Jin studies his bow tie in the mirror.

Jin took you out dress shopping a while back, making sure every aspect of it was perfect. You love it, but will they?

He clicks his tongue and strolls over to you, grabbing your nervous hands in his. "Calm down, sweets. Seeing you all worked up is making me nervous. You look stunning."

Rolling your eyes, you offer him a smile. He averts his gaze and instead holds his arm out. "Are you ready?" So many things could go wrong tonight but you feel safe with your arm linked to his. Something about his presence makes you feel content with how things are going. You nod, resting your head on his forearm as he leads you to the car waiting out front.

Of course, the both of you are fashionably late, the ball having started about a half hour ago. Not that it mattered. According to Jin, you only missed the speech his dad gives every year.

Pulling yourself back into the scene, you watch as Jin expertly guides himself through the crowd, nodding at some, smiling at others. He finally stops in front of a striking pair, their smiles gleaming.

You force a smile of your own, relaxing your tense muscles a little. Jin places his arm around your waist, pulling you into his side. "Eomma, Appa, this is my girlfriend. Y/N, these are my parents, Mr and Mrs. Kim."

The look of shock on their faces almost makes you laugh. Jin looks slightly embarrassed as he nudges his head in your direction, groaning inaudibly as his mother's shock turns into realisation.

"Oh, darling, lovely to meet you." She brings you in for a hug, her perfume almost choking you. Pulling away, you chuckle as she looks up and down. "And that colour on you looks gorgeous. You have a great eye."

You glance at Jin, a grin replacing your uneasy smile when you spot the look of pride on his face.

"Thank you. It's lovely to meet you too."

His father extends his hand, smiling warmly as you shake it. "Nice to meet you." You flash him a toothy grin and blush when he starts laughing.

"Aw, she's so cute! Jin, why didn't you bring her over earlier?" His mother exclaims, gushing over the light pink dust on your cheeks.

"Don't know. Guess I didn't realise how perfect she is."

You stiffen but manage to keep that smile on your face, unaware of the floating boy appearing beside you.

"Well, well, hyung. You have certainly found yourself a looker. Nice to meet you, I'm-"

"Jimin," you hum out, shaking his hand. "I heard." He bites his plump lip and brings your hand up to it as he plants a kiss on your skin. Jin frowns, placing his hand rather protectively over your hip.

"Don't have you other, single ladies to be seducing, Park?" He growls out, eyeing the younger as he smiles innocently, flashing his pearly whites.

"Not really. She's the best I've seen tonight. Shame she's stuck with you."

Jin gapes at the man, struggling to find a way to clap back. Luckily for him, you're about fed up with his bullshit too.

"What do you mean shame? Jin's been nothing but lovely and judging by what I've seen tonight, I'd rather stick with him than leave with a snake like you."

Jimin looks offended but backs off, joining a group that looks similar to the Jeon-Jung family. Jin smiles down at you.

"Damn. I think that's the first time Jimin's been shut down."

You giggle and intertwine your hand with his on instinct.

After multiple introductions and painful smiles, you can finally relax with Jin, swaying slowly to the music playing in the background.

"How are you holding up?" He asks, meeting your eye as you lift your head off his chest.

"Tired and confused. I've lost track of all the people I've been introduced to."

He cracks a smile, shaking his head as he spins you around, bringing you back into his chest. "You did great tonight." He compliments, dipping you to the floor effortlessly.

"Thanks. It wasn't that hard pretending to be your girlfriend."

His smile drops into a thin lipped frown, his composure stiffening. "What's that supposed to mean?"

You laugh, throwing your head back a little. "You aren't as bad as people say you are."

He lowers his head, his lips brushing against yours. You don't move though, wanting to know what happens next. "Does this mean you lost our dare?"

Scowling, you nod, your anger disappearing as he presses his lips to yours. Grinning like a child, he spins you once more before bringing you into his arms. "Good because I did too."