jin

It's brutal being in that conference room with multiple pairs of beady eyes watching your every move, marking down your every word. Your hands begin to sweat as you finish your presentation, bowing to your audience. Very few clap but it's Jin's wink that makes you smile.

He's been helping you out with your presentation, claiming it be something 'a good boss does' but you refuse to believe it. Instead, you've warped his story into your own. The attractive CEO just wants to spend time with you and this is his perfect excuse.

"Miss. Y/N, your logic simply makes no sense! Raising the prices will bring the stock market down, not push it to where we want it to be," the chairman bellows, his neck turning red from the anger in his voice. Your smile falters to a frown, mouth opening but no sound coming out.

You direct your gaze to the floor, wincing each time he yells out a word. You can eventually lift your head up to meet with Jin's concerned gaze, his eyes boring holes into you. His eyebrows are knitted together, lips pursed in a way that makes him look deep in thought. He suddenly stands, his chair scraping against the tiled floor.

That's when he pulls you out into the corridor, barely sparing the protesting chairmen a glance.

His eyes are so different in moments like these, more soft than you knew eyes could be. The professional man is gone and instead, it is the eyes of one who loves deeply. If it were anyone else you would drop your gaze, but with him you're drawn in closer, always wanting more.

Then he says the words you need to hear, "We're ok, you and me. Okay?"

You just nod, taking in every moment for your memory, knowing it is the medication you need to survive the next few days. In all the world there isn't another like him, or you for that matter; you are two souls who feel like once upon another reality you were soul mates, eternal flames.

You bite your lip, eyes everywhere but on Jin.

Then he moves closer with those eyes that look so deeply into your own, "Hey, it's only me that has to make this decision. They don't know what they're talking about."

Your breathing becomes softer, the pensive look melting into a smile as soft as the morning light. Your body squirms just a little as your muscles relax.

There is something about that gaze of his you'll never find in another man, as if in that moment your souls have made a bridge.

"Thank you," you mumble, sighing heavily when he wraps his arms stiffly around you. Soon, his arms relax, embracing you as tightly as he can.

"Don't mention it," he mumbles, glaring at the chairmen inside that watched this whole scene unfold.