taehyung - request

thank you -MinNamjoonie- for requesting! the song for this is gasoline by Halsey!

" You can't wake up, this is not a dream
You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen
Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline "

Taehyung runs his hands over his cheeks, sighing as his breath fogs up the mirror. His eyes no longer hold the sparkle of excitement, his skin looking grey and ashy.

His life has been so grand and exciting, each aspect of it making him smile but he doesn't feel like himself anymore.

His members joke about wanting to receive the praising messages that he does on his looks but he takes it to heart, knowing that his visuals might be all that fans see when looking at him. That's not what he wanted when spending multiple years putting himself through the training to get where he is now.

His eyes glass over, tears dropping onto his cheeks. Gritting his teeth, he wipes them away, swiping his hand against the mirror before leaving the bathroom.

Laying on his back, he raises his phone up, Twitter already loaded to show him all the comments from his recent picture.

As a test, the young male posted a picture of himself in the recording booth to see what type of comments he'd get from his beloved fans. His heart pounds in his ears as he reads over the first one, heart slowly sinking.

Aish! Oppa looks so cute!

Visual King

Omg he's so hot, how is this possible?

He lowers his phone to his side, sniffling as he sits alone in his room. Is his so called talent that lame that they bypass it and focus on his appearance? Is the idea of him wanting attention for his voice so bad?

He curses under his breath, getting up to pace around his room. His thoughts are slowly driving him insane, his cousin's warnings about joining the idol world now making sense.

"They'll strip you away of anything that makes you human. All the special talent you have will be put behind you for all you are to them is a shiny object for people to stare at."

His phone lights up just as he's about to sink to the floor and cry until the early hours of the morning. Hoping it's one of his brothers, he picks it up, looking at the screen in confusion. Quickly unlocking his phone to check the newest comment, he can't help but get his hopes up.

y/n

is that the kim taehyung in a recording booth?! omg, he's recording something. i need to prepare myself because i sure damn know he gonna snatch my weave like it ain't shit! you are such a talented person, tae! keep going, ily.

His heart works double time, a watery smile making way onto his face. He knows his cheeks have heated into a soft blush because of your kind words, his mind pushing him to let you know he's seen it.

BTS_twt

i love you too, y/n.

-taehyung