jungkook - request

thank you Starry_NightSky05 and mrs_adorejoon   for requesting!

TWO YEARS AGO

"Jungkook-ah, what is it?" You giggled, hands reaching up to pat his warm ones that covered your eyes. He shushed you in response, kissing you quickly on the cheek as a small apology for making you wait.

You smiled as you piped down, just deciding to let him take charge for the last time he pulled something like this, he was on one knee with a ring. His hands slip from your eyes to your waist, guiding you through the unknown.

It's odd how you could completely trust him to never let you fall.

He finally stopped, his shoulder brushing up against yours as he swiftly spun to be in front of you. "Open," he whispered, his tone of voice indicating a toothy grin and squeak of excitement.

You let your eyes open, your gaze flitting from his face to the envelope in his hands. Your excitement simpered down to slight curiosity, hands shaking as you ripped open the paper, barely acknowledging his fond smile as he watched you.

Your lips pushed themselves out into a pout as you pulled out two tickets, flipping them over to read what was on it. "Iceland," you muttered breathlessly, eyes welling up with tears as your hand flew to your mouth.

"Yep," he confirmed, popping his 'p.' "We, my lovely, are going to Iceland to celebrate our engagement. I figured it'd be more memorable if we went somewhere that you've always wanted to go—"

You cut him off with a kiss, smiling wildly as he pulled away with a sigh, too drawn in by your charm to even finish his sentence.

*

"Having fun?" He murmured into the skin of your neck, smiling peacefully at the look of awe in your sparkling eyes. You nodded, barely sparing him a glance as the scenery captured your heart. Funny how it had been over three weeks yet it still managed to leave you breathless.

You never wanted to leave, finding that you felt quite content with how perfect things were between both you and Jungkook.

That night as he snuggled into your side, a sharp pain elicited from the side of your head, waking you up from your sleep. You carefully peeled yourself off him and stumbled to the bathroom, finding it hard to see and balance.

Something was terribly wrong and it didn't take a genius to figure that out.

You had always known about your possible run in with brain cancer. Your grandparents were both unfortunately ridden with it, doctors certain it would pass down to you. You never thought that it'd be this early though.

You glanced at Jungkook through your tears, heart ripping at the thought of him finding out and leaving you. Leaving you rid him of the pain of losing you entirely. You sobbed into your hands, torn between what to do.

The next morning, Jungkook proposed an idea to you, bouncing on the balls of his feet as you struggled to get out of bed. "We can go to the Geothermal Lagoon today! It'd be so fun!"

You loved seeing him so happy. It always meant that his little bunny smile would pop out. Smiling weakly, you beckoned him over to you, resting your forehead on his chest when he was within reach.

"I'm sorry, baby. I'd love to, honestly. But I think I'm a little sick," you whispered, clutching onto his shirt as a small but still painful headache came over you. He pressed his hand to your head, concern spiking through him.