namjoon

I'M BACK TO FEED YOU ALL! personally, i love this idea and truly think it's one of the best i've come up with. it came to me in english class (as we are studying romeo and juliet now) as my teacher was explaining how the tale has become sort of like the immediate thought that comes to mind when asked about true love. from there, she went on to discuss how the name romeo has become a way to label someone who is chasing love or is the ideal man. and thus, while staring at the namjoon on my laptop screensaver, i got the idea. pls don't mind the long explanation and enjoy!

IS HE YOUR ROMEO?

- in which geeky stagehand kim namjoon falls for the you, the main actress of the school's annual play; romeo and juliet, with the almost dream-like desire to be your romeo

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other word would smell just as sweet."

Namjoon tilts his head to the side, peering out from behind a thick layer of black sheet that obstructs his view of the stage. His eyes widen when they manage to land on you, his lips parting as he watches you gracefully move across the stage, commanding the attention of everyone watching.

Your voice, a melody so sweet and enticing that it makes him feel as if you only sing to him, echoes from the stage and out into the rows of partially filled seats in front of you. Your expression holds pain and confusion for the troubles you've faced and the many that are to come, eyes practically demanding him to feel sorry for you.

And so he watches, simply entranced by the ethereal performance you put on as the iconic Juliet.

"I take thee at thy word. Call me but love, and I'll be new baptized. Henceforth I never will be Romeo," he mumbles to himself as the boy playing Romeo shares the spotlight that rightfully belongs on you, Namjoon's lunch beginning to churn in his stomach with a sick feeling of envy.

While he knows very well that he is nothing but someone who works behind the scenes—changing the lights and pulling the curtains—he can't help but feel as if he belongs there on stage, by your side. He just wishes that he were given the chance to hide behind the debonair name and show you that you're his for the running time of the play.

He continues to ponder on these thoughts; each one of his mind's renditions of himself as Romeo bringing a smile of desire and want to his face. However, he soon finds himself wondering if he's ever actually gathered enough courage to so much as utter a word in your direction.

Of course, that would be a no.

Namjoon is known for his silence, hence why his contribution towards the show is behind the scenes instead of on the stage. He had originally wanted to audition, but the build up of anxiety towards all the different ways he could embarrass himself out there forced him to back out.

It'd be impressive if you even knew his name.

He dismisses his distracting thoughts with a shake of his head, his gaze refocusing on the play. However, no-one seems to be doing anything that can be classified as acting; both yours and Romeo's eyes angled up towards the lights.

"Shit," he hisses, running back to his board of switches with his bottom lip in between his teeth. Hoping that he can get away with his obviously major mess-up, he flicks the switch and watches in relief as the light dims itself into a soft glow, immediately setting the stage for the romantic scene that follows.

All is silent as he waits for a reaction, his breath hitching in his throat when he hears the annoyed sigh of the director.

"Kim Namjoon!"

Flinching, Namjoon gulps and politely clasps his hands in front of him, head lowered as he walks himself to the stage. He can feel your gaze on him, the tips of his ears burning red with shame as he nervously lifts his own gaze up to meet the frustrated one of the director.