jin

CALL ME MR. SEOKJIN

- a tutor!au in which seokjin is your new tutor and has some interesting ways of doing his job

"Ah, Y/N," your teacher sighs, motioning for you to hang back as the rest of the class disappears through the doorway. You watch longingly, wanting to head off to lunch with them but your clean record with teachers has you waiting, smiling impatiently down at your math teacher as he sifts through some sheets.

"Y/N, look, I hate doing this to good kids," he starts tiredly, his voice lazy yet sure as he passes you a few sheet, motioning for you to look through them. You do as he asks and scan over the sheets, realising that these are your math tests, the grades absolutely appalling on them.

"I don't want to fail you," he carries on after you put the sheets down, feeling disappointed and ashamed in yourself. "I'm hoping that you don't want to be failed either because I think I may have an idea to help get you on track again. That is, if you're willing to take it."

You nod desperately, the idea of failing a class sending horrid shivers down your spine. He offers you a warm smile and nods, pulling a pen from his pocket as he slides a piece of blank paper towards him.

"You see, I have some bright students in my other maths class that would be more than willing to give you a helping hand. Although, I have only one in mind. He's the best there is. I'll have a chat with him and have him meet you in the library tomorrow night at five," he explains, all while jogging down everything on the piece of paper.

"Would you like to say something? You've been awfully quiet," he muses, flicking his gaze up to you for a second before returning it to his sheet.

"Well, I mean, thank you for not failing me right away and believing that I have a chance to improve," you lower your head respectfully, your smile grateful but small. Your teacher hands you the sheet with a nod, smiling proudly up at you. "Oh, and one more thing, what's this guy's name?"

"Kim Seokjin."

*

You busy yourself with your notes, subtly glancing at the door every time it opens, hoping that at least one of the students that walks through is your tutor. Unfortunately for you, not even thirty minutes of doing just that has given you any luck. You curse this tutor out under your breath as you focus solely on your notes.

"Excuse me," a timid—soft and gentle like the finest of silks—voice calls out. You lift your head up in slight agitation, your eyes narrowed as you glare at the boy in front of you. He clutches a plastic bag to his chest, oval shaped eyes widened in alarm, his thinly framed glasses slipping off the bridge of his nose. You allow your features to soften considerably, lips parting in surprise as you lower your head. He swallows thickly, offering you a small smile. "Are you Y/N?"

"Yes, I am," you confirm, nervously lifting your gaze up to meet his brown orbs, the colour warm and inviting as curiosity swims carelessly in them. "Are you Kim Seokjin?"

He nods happily, his blonde hair bouncing along to the movement, the locks thick as they frame his strong and sharp features. You notice that he is quite tall for his age and that many girls sitting nearby watch this whole scene unfold with envy. You tilt your head as you further study Seokjin, taking note of the way his cheeks bunch up when he smiles and his eyes reflect that by lightening to a familiar shade of brown.

"I apologise for my tardiness," he shyly continues, taking a hesitant seat beside you as he places the plastic bag in the middle of the table, pushing it more towards you. "I usually have snacks—or brain food, as I like to call it—while studying so I stopped by the convenience store to grab some. I didn't know what you liked so I just grabbed all of them."