hoseok

thank you all for still sticking with me even after all of this. ilysm it actually hurts

A face red with anger and knuckles white from squeezing them too tightly is all you can see as you calm yourself down in the stuffy break room.

A crappy boss isn't new to most living in your area but with one as bad as yours, it's hard to show up to work with a glowing smile on your face. If you don't, said boss will bring you into the break room and beat you until you can't stand.

Only for you, it being your first time getting his 'special' treatment, his reasoning was that your nod at him in the morning felt less enthusiastic than the others.

Your blood boiled when he told you but it was soon washed away by the feeling of pain and regret. Now, you sit numbly with your body pushed into the corner.

Harshly wiping your cheeks, you force yourself to stand, crying out as you push onto something throbbing. Luckily, you live across the road from work but you can bet that the walk will feel like it's taking forever.

All you need to do is get to Hoseok.

You open the door and walk yourself out, lowering your head to avoid the stares of sympathy and sadness. They would help you but with his watchful eye looking down on them from the top floor, they wouldn't want to risk receiving the same fate.

"I'm fine," you mumble more to yourself than anyone else and leave the office.

The streets are bare, making you groan out. Frowning, you look both ways before crossing the road, clutching your arm to your chest.

As you near the house, your mood brightens by the slightest margin. A clear image of Hoseok dancing around the kitchen as he makes you dinner removes any of your abusive boss. You smile painfully, slamming your palm into the door.

"Coming!" his muffled reply comes from behind it, bringing a new set of tears into your eyes. He opens it with a smile that drops the minute he notices the blooming bruises and puffy eyes.

"What the fu- Y/N, inside. Now."

You nod, shuffling in. He tsks and instead directs you into his arms, gently pressing his chin on top of your head. You freely sob, struggling to wrap your arms around his torso. His warm hands soothe your aching skin as he rubs your back calmingly.

"Shh, baby. It's ok. Hoseokie has you now." With just those words, he has you feeling safe and loved. You don't budge when he releases you, wincing in pain when he opts for carrying you bridal style to the couch.

His calculating eyes roam over your appearance, lips pressed into a thin line. You can feel the anger radiating of him in poisonous waves. His fingers brush against your cheek, pain dancing across his expression when you flinch away.

"Who the fuck did this to you? I'm not fucking around, I will kill them." He stands to avoid giving you any discomfort and instead marches to the wall, seething.

"Hobi, I'm ok," you lie, hoping he'll come back and cuddle with you.

He doesn't.

"If you think I'm going to drop it, you're wrong," he crouches down in front of you, holding your shaking hands in his. "You're my baby. I have to protect you and if someone out there hurt you and I don't stop them now, it could happen again." His gentle tone coaxes you to spill.

"My boss. My nod was unenthusiastic so he beat me up like he does with everyone else," you offer quietly, sniffling in self pity.

"That low life bastard, when I'm done with him-"

"Sit. You aren't doing anything. I'm quitting tomorrow and I'll find somewhere else to work."

He sighs but obeys, easing himself beside you. Immediately, you curl into his lap, breathing heavily at the pain. He doesn't say anything and that's what scares you most.

"You aren't going to drop it, are you?"

He shakes his head, pressing a lingering kiss to your forehead.

"Not even if it kills me."