jimin

JOB: PROTECT THE GIRL

- a bodyguard jimin!au inspired by how good the man looks in a suit and basically just how well this concept suits him (see what i did there?)

a/n: i recall doing a bodyguard!au for yoongi but i didn't like the way i wrote it so i'm back to try again.

"Good morning, miss. How'd you sleep?"

You don't even have to look to associate the voice that reminds you oddly of crisp fruit and flavoured water—the voice so pure, yet so addictively captivating—to know that it's Park Jimin standing outside your bedroom door as he usually does with a cheery smile.

"Morning, Jimin. I slept fine but didn't I tell you to call me Y/N?" You politely reply, yawning as you stretch your arms up into the air, smacking your lips together before resuming your walk, Jimin right on your heels with amusement sparkling in his soft brown eyes.

"You sure did but your father insists that informalities are simply unprofessional," he replies, his tone laced playfully with cheekiness as he opens the door to the kitchen for you, waiting for you to breeze past before slowly letting it close, leisurely manoeuvring himself around the kitchen as
you take a lazy seat at the counter.

"He's such a buzzkill," you deadpan, thanking him when he slides a bowl of breakfast cereal towards you, watching carefully as he re-opens the fridge to get himself something. "You're my bodyguard, I get it, but why can't he just let you treat me like we're friends?"

Jimin shrugs, opening a bottle of orange juice with a lopsided smirk, keeping his eyes trained on you as he guzzles down half the contents of the bottle, sighing in satisfaction. You roll your eyes, spooning a bunch of cereal into your mouth as he sits himself on top of the counter with a grunt.

"As long as you know that I'm your best friend, I'm okay with not being able to say it out loud," he chuckles, running a hand through his dusty pink hair, the colour chosen specifically by you, the corners of your lips twitching upwards at the fond memory.

He suddenly slides himself off the counter, approaching you with a sly smirk.

"How about we head out for some training today?" He whispers once he's close enough, his breath fanning your cheek as your breath hitches in your throat. You swallow thickly and offer him a nod, sagging in relief when he steps back with an approving smile, adjusting his suit—even though it rarely ever needs the adjusting, his clothes somehow always fitting him in the right places—as he strolls out of the kitchen, knowing very well where you'll be meeting him.

Being the daughter of the city's most talked about politician has its perks and its downsides. While the feeling of everyone knowing your name is sometimes rewarding, your father's reputation can sometimes get you in trouble. People feel as if it's their right to get back at your father for something he said and the best way to do that is through you. More often than not, you're stopped on the street to deal with the curses, threats, and sometimes even punches of the general public.

Your father found out about this and was not pleased, immediately sending his assistants to find him the finest bodyguards the country had to offer. While the final say was up to him, you had a major role in deciding which of the suitable applicants would be best to keep you company and protect you at the same time.

Jimin immediately caught your eye with his charming personality, scary determination and good looks. He had shown up with his hair ruffled endearingly, the then fluffy, brown locks sitting upon his head messily and his suit was a little crooked but his smile had you weak at the knees, his strong yet gentle gaze making you give in entirely. Without even bothering to check out the other suitors, you had asked your father to give Jimin the job.